Nicolas Cage Is Done With GHOST RIDER!!
The Kidd here...
In a declaration that may have come two films too late, Nicolas Cage is apparently done being GHOST RIDER.
Talking to MTV News at the press junket for THE CROODS, Cage remarked that we shouldn't expect to see him spark up as Johnny Blaze again any time soon... or really ever at all. ""I think the ship has sailed on that one. At least with me involved... Personally, I'm done. I've done what I had to do with that part. You never say never, but right now, today, I would say that I'm done."
While Cage also tries to define what "successful" means in terms of both the first film and SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE, namely box office numbers, I don't think fans of Ghost Rider the character would agree that Cage's turn as the character was what they were hoping for when they heard Ghost Rider would be adapted for the screen.
You know it's only a matter of time before GHOST RIDER gets the inevitable reboot, so fantasy casting... Who would be your choice to inherit the character for a fresh start?
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts