Bryan Singer Talks Halle Berry And CGI Characters In X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST!!
The Kidd here...
Bryan Singer is working to get all his ducks in a row before heading into production for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, which will bring the X-Men of old and those of the FIRST CLASS era together into one film. Over the past few weeks, we've already seen Singer collecting cast members from his first run with the mutants - Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore, Anna Paquin - but the one character that remains in flux is that of Storm, who was played by Halle Berry in the initial X-MEN films but didn't have a younger version established in FIRST CLASS. Berry's Storm did survive Brett Ratner's one-picture run with the X-Men in THE LAST STAND, so it shouldn't seem out of the question to have her back reprising her role, although, if she didn't, she wouldn't be the first mutant cut from one film to the next (see Nightcrawler).
Singer recently spoke to MTV News about the possibility of Berry manipulating the weather once more in a dystopian future where mutants are held in internment camps, among other things, and, while he hardly confirmed her return, he certainly left open the window for it to happen.
"I can't say. I don't know yet. And it's not necessarily a deal making aspect at all. I want to make sure it'll make sense. But I love working with her."
Singer also went on to discuss his fascination with CGI characters, which seems reasonable considering he's still waist-deep in JACK THE GIANT SLAYER, but with nothing about that film looking too appealing, the filmmaker might want to scale back on this idea of introducing fully CGI characters or at least ones who are heavily comprised of those elements.
"A CG Nick Hoult or a CG Ewan McGregor, maybe 20 years from now might be perfect, but it's a little tough on the eyes when it's not real. But I definitely want to use this technology again, and I might even be using some of it in a different way in X-MEN. I don't want to say how, yet, but I'm definitely using some of this technology on X-MEN, which I never used in any of the other X-MEN films."
Bryan, you might want to keep it that way... because the look of JACK hardly inspires confidence that such a character belongs in X-MEN.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts