ENDER'S GAME lands a tried and true sci-fi composer!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I had the chance to visit the set of Ender's Game last year and I can't wait to tell you guys about what I saw (hopefully sooner than later) because it looked like they were nailing Orson Scott Card's book.
The hard sci-fi aspect of the book is very crucial and what I saw made me think they were going to get it right when all was said and done and the fact that they're enlisting James Horner to score the film (per Film Music Reporter) only bolsters my opinion that they're heading in the right direction.
The man composed Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, Krull (say what you will about the movie, but I'll be damned if you talk shit about that score in my presence!), Cocoon, The Rocketeer, Captain E), Aliens and Battle Beyond the Stars. His space and sci-fi cred is undeniable.
There are thrilling moments to Ender's Game, but there are also elements of Fantasy, military drama and soft character moments, all of which play to Horner's strong suits as a composer. This is an inspired pick in my opinion and I'm already DYING to hear his score.
Hopefully I'll be able to hit you guys with a report on my exclusive day on the set in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled. In the meantime, give Ender's a re-read and put on Khan in the background and let the brain spark at the possibilities.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 116 total posts 91 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 101 total posts 57 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 171 total posts 28 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 174 total posts 17 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 62 total posts 6 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 207 total posts 4 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 4 posts