This A Good Day To Die Hard featurette continues the lackluster promotion of the film. "We are making 21st Century Die Hard now." Sigh...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a 4 minute long featurette on the new Die Hard flick. It's essentially a gathering of EPK interviews with people who really don't want to be there, like the sleepy Bruce Willis.
There's some new footage and clarification of the plot throughout, but this is yet another piece of publicity material that gives me a bad feeling about the movie. The whole point of this clip is to tell us it's super big with a lot of big set pieces and holy shit look at that massive fucking helicopter! They forgot that Die Hard isn't about the big action, it's about the regular guy in the middle of it.
Watch the clip:
I will say the one thing that intrigues me has nothing to do with the movie itself, but a throwaway quote from Willis when he says that John McClane is drawn to trouble. That put an interesting scenario into my mind... this guy who has been through some huge shit and has always come out on top... What if that John McClane was the guy from the first three films, but he thinks he's the guy in these recent two? Get what I'm saying? If he sees himself as this new John McClane, the superhero version of himself that jumps off of jets and doesn't get a scratch, but in reality he's the same tough, smart, but vulnerable from the first batch of movies and when he walks into a bad situation he's immediately beaten down and it looks like he ain't gonna make it out of this one.
If he's forced to be careful and go back to being the hit and run ninja in the shadows versus stomping into a room with an automatic weapon tearing everybody to shreds Rambo-style that'd be the Die Hard movie I'd want to see. I don't know about you guys, but I miss the old John McClane.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 373 total posts 363 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 169 total posts 63 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 266 total posts 44 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 65 total posts 39 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 87 total posts 35 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 87 total posts 28 posts
- Prestige Worldwide will reunite as Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, and Adam McKay will re-team on BORDER GUARDS! -- 42 total posts 20 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 120 total posts 17 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 17 total posts 17 posts