All The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day has to do is eat three or four children and there’d be the most appalling publicity.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
While I think Temple of Doom is a better film, Gremlins 2 shares a similar fan-backlash fate as Indy’s second cinematic adventure. Both movies took an element of the previous and took a hard turn in that direction. In Temple of Doom’s case they took the face-melting and scary as shit ark ghosts stuff and went whole hog in that direction. Gremlins 2 took the crazy Looney Tunes influence and similarly just went for it.
I always appreciate it when a sequel doesn’t try to just remake the first film, so naturally I really enjoy me some Gremlins 2. Lightning Gremlin, that fucked up spider Gremlin, the super goofy turn by Christopher Lee… I’m a fan.
So, how about a BTS pic from Gremlins 2 then? Here’s Joe Dante helping the great Christopher Lee celebrate some big event on the set of the sequel. Could be a birthday or some landmark moment or just because they want a special cake. They’re allowed. By the way, how sweet is that cake? Thanks to Ken Thompson Marchesi and Trailers From Hell for the shot!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A funny thing happened on the way to tomorrow’s pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts