THE EVIL DEAD Remake Receives An R Rating After Cutting Back On Some NC-17 Gore
And here's the least surprising news of the week (via Bloody Disgusting): after earning an NC-17 from the Guardians of Decency at the MPAA, Fede Alvarez's remake of THE EVIL DEAD has been trimmed for an R rating.
What an expected bummer! As we all know, an NC-17 is pretty much a commercial kiss of death. Some publications won't advertise NC-17 movies, while certain exhibitors refuse to book them (as they evidently believe adults will start fucking all over the theater once the lights go down). It sucks, but at least we know the ultra-gory cut will be made available at some point on Blu-ray. So let's take this as an encouraging sign: Alvarez has honored the X-rated tradition of the first two EVIL DEADs!
THE EVIL DEAD '13 arrives in theaters on April 12, 2013. It will also premiere this March at SXSW in Austin. I would very much like to be there for that.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 104 total posts 104 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 132 total posts 100 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 437 total posts 97 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 187 total posts 39 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 110 total posts 34 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 36 total posts 23 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 44 total posts 23 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 27 total posts 21 posts