Could Bradley Cooper Get On The Bike For Bad Robot's Lance Armstrong Biopic?
It's still fresh in a lot of people's minds, the whole Lance Armstrong scandal. From a personal standpoint, honestly, I don't give it much thought. It's terrible that he built his charity on a lie, but it's undeniable that LiveStrong did and still does a lot of good for many people suffering from cancer. That's all tainted now because of Armstrong, and I really don't care about the sports aspect of his lies. Besides, in the future we're all going to be robots, so what does it matter?
Yes, I realize that for many of you Armstrong was a hero and that this is truly a tragedy. This is simply my perspective. He should be stripped of his awards, but in the larger scheme of things I really don't understand just how terrible it all is. Perhaps the upcoming film from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot can enlighten me. And according to Entertainment Weekly, Bradley Cooper is very interested in taking the role of Armstrong. According to Abrams, interviewed at the Producer's Guild Awards, they've been talking via email. Considering Cooper's Oscar nomination, I'd imagine he'd be the frontrunner and Bad Robot would be crazy to not consider him. It would be a meaty, complicated role for any actor to play, and although I'm not the biggest fan of SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, I think Cooper would do quite well in the role. If he doesn't win the Oscar (which seems likely; even Cooper cannot stand in the way of the juggernaut that is Daniel Day-Lewis), this would certainly be an opportunity. More on this as it develops.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 280 total posts 255 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 219 total posts 175 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 233 total posts 90 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 566 total posts 43 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 189 total posts 32 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 115 total posts 25 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 357 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts