Could Bradley Cooper Get On The Bike For Bad Robot's Lance Armstrong Biopic?
It's still fresh in a lot of people's minds, the whole Lance Armstrong scandal. From a personal standpoint, honestly, I don't give it much thought. It's terrible that he built his charity on a lie, but it's undeniable that LiveStrong did and still does a lot of good for many people suffering from cancer. That's all tainted now because of Armstrong, and I really don't care about the sports aspect of his lies. Besides, in the future we're all going to be robots, so what does it matter?
Yes, I realize that for many of you Armstrong was a hero and that this is truly a tragedy. This is simply my perspective. He should be stripped of his awards, but in the larger scheme of things I really don't understand just how terrible it all is. Perhaps the upcoming film from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot can enlighten me. And according to Entertainment Weekly, Bradley Cooper is very interested in taking the role of Armstrong. According to Abrams, interviewed at the Producer's Guild Awards, they've been talking via email. Considering Cooper's Oscar nomination, I'd imagine he'd be the frontrunner and Bad Robot would be crazy to not consider him. It would be a meaty, complicated role for any actor to play, and although I'm not the biggest fan of SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, I think Cooper would do quite well in the role. If he doesn't win the Oscar (which seems likely; even Cooper cannot stand in the way of the juggernaut that is Daniel Day-Lewis), this would certainly be an opportunity. More on this as it develops.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 123 total posts 123 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 341 total posts 47 posts
- Another Talented Filmmaker Joins The DOCTOR STRANGE Directin' Derby! -- 44 total posts 44 posts