The Kidd Lays Down The Law... And The Results Of That DREDD Blu-ray Contest!!
The Kidd here...
It's been a busy last couple of weeks, so sorry for the delay in finally getting around to picking the winners of the DREDD Blu-rays. There's been some shifting going on around the Ain't It Cool HQ, so let me advise a couple quick things for your future knowledge. You never know when or, more importantly, where the next contest or giveaway opportunity might pop up... so keep an eye on the Contests section of the site, if that's your thing. But also, you see I've got a Twitter, and you see I've got a Facebook page. If I were you, I'd be following and liking those for potential future reference... I'm just saying. It might be in your best interests.
Now, let me get to giving these DREDD Blu-rays away.
There was a lot of punishment going on that required long hours of viewing Stallone's version of Dredd, as well as a ton of enduring Rob Schneider... frankly, after awhile, it all started to blend together, and there wasn't much of it that stood out. If that's the route you took, so did way too many other people that it just seemed like a commonplace idea. So when I really got down to the nuts and bolts of what you wanted to do to punish those that passed on DREDD 3D during its theatrical run, creativity and originality were key. And I think all of our winners had a pretty good display of both.
We've got three almost-winners... I don't really want to call them runners-up, because they're still walking away from this with DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Packs of their own. They just weren't quite THE best... but they were definitely among the almost-best.
- Joe Cuffe - "For those who opted to not give DREDD a watch in theatres last year, the sentence is... EXILE (and Indian burns).
- Alex McCown - "Those who voluntarily passed up the opportunity to see DREDD 3D in the theaters are hereby sentenced to be administered a dose of the illegal drug "Slo-Mo" and thrown off the top of the Empire State Building - with a screener of GARFIELD: A TALE OF TWO KITTIES installed on special lenses affixed to their eyeballs, so they must experience that film the ENTIRE WAY DOWN."
- Luis Sosa - "The sentence is - you shall be strapped to a chair and listen to Rebecca Black's 'Friday' on a loop... forever."
Yeah... those are pretty bad... especially the first there on the list. Those things hurt.
But let me not wait any longer in naming our one big winner who is taking home a DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, a theatrical one sheet signed by Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby, a Dredd comic book and their very own Dredd badge. They are seriously one sick puppy for their sentence, which may be extreme, but would have been a worthy deterrent to use in making people watch DREDD.
- Joel Hecht - "Put their feet in a blender. Make them drink their own feet."
How am I supposed to argue with that as the winner?
Congratulations are in order for all our prize winners, and thanks to everyone who participated. Also, special thanks to Lionsgate Home Entertainment for setting this up with us.
And remember... Facebook, Twitter... it'll be worth it.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 64 total posts 64 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 239 total posts 35 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 46 total posts 29 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 96 total posts 20 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 45 total posts 11 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 10 total posts 10 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 95 total posts 10 posts