Wait a minute... Marvel wants who in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!?!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Avengers 2 is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to it, naturally, but the Marvel film I'm most looking forward to is Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn directing is interesting, but the team itself is something I just can't wait to see realized on the big screen. Everybody is a little crazy in that group and who doesn't want to see a giant walking tree grumbing that he is Groot while a gun-crazy raccoon blasts away aliens?
If they can pull this movie off they can do anything, so to me it's the most fascinating film on their slate.
Our friends at Latino-Review have a scoop today revealing who Marvel is inquiring about. This isn't an offer, this isn't a contract, but just interest. And that interest is weird.
El Mayimbe says Marvel is looking into both Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for unspecified roles. The only for sure role they're not up for is Peter Quill... which leads me to believe they could potentially be voices of one Mr. Rocket Raccoon. I really don't see who the hell else Adam Sandler could be up for in that universe.
If that's where they're going, then Jim Carrey is far and away the better choice. I can see him being goofy, but emotional and not just coming up with a voice that sounds like a 5 year old trying to be funny. Plus I think he could performance-capture the shit out of the character.
So, nothing official, but that's apparently where Marvel is looking. LR also has an update on people reading for Starlord (aka Peter Quill) so head on over and check that out if you're curious.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 173 total posts 173 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 438 total posts 101 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 174 total posts 44 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 73 total posts 44 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 51 total posts 43 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 38 total posts 31 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 65 total posts 29 posts