Wait a minute... Marvel wants who in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!?!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Avengers 2 is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to it, naturally, but the Marvel film I'm most looking forward to is Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn directing is interesting, but the team itself is something I just can't wait to see realized on the big screen. Everybody is a little crazy in that group and who doesn't want to see a giant walking tree grumbing that he is Groot while a gun-crazy raccoon blasts away aliens?
If they can pull this movie off they can do anything, so to me it's the most fascinating film on their slate.
Our friends at Latino-Review have a scoop today revealing who Marvel is inquiring about. This isn't an offer, this isn't a contract, but just interest. And that interest is weird.
El Mayimbe says Marvel is looking into both Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for unspecified roles. The only for sure role they're not up for is Peter Quill... which leads me to believe they could potentially be voices of one Mr. Rocket Raccoon. I really don't see who the hell else Adam Sandler could be up for in that universe.
If that's where they're going, then Jim Carrey is far and away the better choice. I can see him being goofy, but emotional and not just coming up with a voice that sounds like a 5 year old trying to be funny. Plus I think he could performance-capture the shit out of the character.
So, nothing official, but that's apparently where Marvel is looking. LR also has an update on people reading for Starlord (aka Peter Quill) so head on over and check that out if you're curious.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 309 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 262 total posts 16 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 582 total posts 16 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 232 total posts 12 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 196 total posts 6 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 119 total posts 4 posts