Louis C.K. In David O. Russell's Next Picture?? Looks Like It!!
The Kidd here...
I can go either way when it comes to David O. Russell. I think he's quite the intriguing filmmaker, and I've really dug a few of his films (FLIRTING WITH DISASTER, THREE KINGS, parts of THE FIGHTER), while others I could seriously do without (I HEART HUCKABEES, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK). But I'm all about the comedy of Louis C.K. He remains one of the few comics who insists on pushing the envelope, even as we enter into this era where everything is recorded and people wind up offended at those things said on-stage outside the context of a stand-up club. And, as far as his FX show LOUIE... you want to have a discussion about what might be the funniest thing on TV...? That show absolutely has to be in the discussion.
So with word that Louis C.K. is now in talks to join David O. Russell's next project, the former AMERICAN BULLSHIT, I've suddenly got some interest in a Russell picture right off the bat. According to The Hollywood Reporter, C.K., who recently starred in Woody Allen's BLUE JASMINE, would be playing an FBI agent, among a cast that includes Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams. The film revolves around Mel Weinberg, a con man who cooperated with the FBI in a wide-spanning corruption case.
Well, we can only hope C.K.'s portrayal of law enforcement goes a little better than this...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 294 total posts 158 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 141 total posts 63 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 270 total posts 55 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 61 total posts 23 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 315 total posts 14 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 10 total posts 10 posts