Obama’s White House rejects petition to build a Death Star, says why spend tax-payer money on a project that can be destroyed by a one-man ship?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. You read that right. The White House today responded to a petition that that demanded resources and funding be secured to finance the construction of a Death Star by 2016.
You see, American citizens have a constitutional right to petition our government and with the internet it’s easier than ever. All you have to do is go to whitehouse.gov, sign up and you’re on your way to starting an official petition. The White House is obligated to respond if a petition reaches a certain amount of verified signatures, usually 25,000.
So, somebody petitioned the Obama Administration to build a Death Star and that petition got nearly 35,000 signatures, so the White Issued a response, from Paul Shawcross, chief of the White House Office of Management and Budget’s science and space branch.
I could run down how awesome and nerdy this petition is, but why don’t you read it for yourself:
I love the reference to NASA’s Commercial Crew and Cargo Program Office (aka C3PO), the constant right on references to Star Wars and the fairly common sense political responses, like “The Administration does not support blowing up planets.”
But fine, I guess we can’t spend $850,000,000,000,000,000 on a Death Star because of Obamacare. Great. Obama’s America, I’m tellin’ you.
Plus, I think it’s rigged. Can’t quite put my finger on why, but something tells me President Obama might be more of a Trekkie…
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 147 total posts 17 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 40 total posts 11 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 19 total posts 11 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 78 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 17 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 398 total posts 6 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 343 total posts 6 posts