AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Live-Action TV Footage!
Greetings, comic connoisseurs! ROBOGEEK here with something sorta special...
While most TV-watching superhero geeks I know are eagerly anticipating such projects as Cartoon Network's JUSTICE LEAGUE animated series and, of course, Fox's much-delayed live-action series adaptation of THE TICK, I thought I'd bring you a peek at something you may or may not have seen (in the interest of equal time).
Captain America! Spider-Man! The Hulk! Iron Man! Thor! The Scarlet Witch! Hawkeye! They're all here - in the flesh! See for yourself in this 30 second 2.7MB 240x180 QuickTime file...
So maybe it is just that "Got Milk?" commercial... but it still is kinda geeky-cool (and is something many AICNers have been asking for since it started airing). And, by gosh, doesn't it just make you wish there really was a live-action AVENGERS series - or movie? How cool would that be?
Anyway, just thought I'd share - and hopefully bring a smile to your Monday. ;-)
"What... do you fight? HA!!!
P.S.: And, yes, in case you missed it... that hotlink in the second paragraph takes you to a rare snippet of genuine TICK series footage!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 20, 2001, 10:45 p.m. CST
Not the movie... The TV series.
May 20, 2001, 10:54 p.m. CST
I used to buy The Avengers as a kid. I love comics as much as the next person. But sometimes I have to admit that a real person dressed up as Hawkeye or the Scarlet Witch just looks stupid. :(
May 20, 2001, 10:55 p.m. CST
by vroom socko
One time I was watching the tube with Pappy Socko, and this commercial came on. Pappy turned to me and said, "I recognise Spider-Man, but who are those other guys?" I tried to explain the Avengers to him, but he just tuned it out. This thing is damn goofy, but I love it anyway.
May 21, 2001, 12:09 a.m. CST
I like the one where the old guy's - who never drinks milk - arms fall right off. Now that's comedy.
May 21, 2001, 1:42 a.m. CST
May 21, 2001, 6:30 a.m. CST
The Hulk in the commercial looks more like the Hulk from the comics than Lou Ferrigno (don't know if his sir name is spelled right) ever did. Plus, the Scarlet Witch is hot. Check out her gams in the group shot.
May 21, 2001, 6:37 a.m. CST
So what is the news part of this? Robogeek doesn't watch TV for months then thinks everything he sees now is new? Or that the avengers finally stop thinking of spidey as a criminal vigilante and let him hang out at the mansion with the big boys?
May 21, 2001, 7:04 a.m. CST
by SilentBob X
BTW, does anyone know who that babe is playing the Scarlet Witch? Snoogans.
May 21, 2001, 7:06 a.m. CST
Any time I get to see an "in the flesh" Hawkeye is okay with me. Now I have it in convenient desktop size. I would dearly love to see more of Hawkeye's shaft in this commercial.
May 21, 2001, 7:35 a.m. CST
Geez, guys, I've had this clip on my hard drive since December 7th. Of last year. You know, of the last Century!! Do try to be more current in the future, where we all must live.
May 21, 2001, 8:04 a.m. CST
by The Riot
So what if it's old.. As Robogeek says, he'd just thought he'd try to "bring a smile to our Monday". Grow up... And, for any people too dense to realize it, the real story here is the TICK footage, not the "Got Milk?" commercial.. Thanks, Robogeek!
May 21, 2001, 8:26 a.m. CST
Geeks. The man was simply posting it in QuickTime for you all to view for the heck of it. There is nothing that says this is breaking news. Unlike an annoucement on one of you getting laid. Now that's breaking news. Fucking tools. Just read it for the fun of it...buncha critical louses...
May 21, 2001, 11:07 a.m. CST
i'm shocked that no one put this up here, but, according to 4filmakers.com , comingsoon.net, and ignfilmforce, guess who was just listed in the xmen2 cast on 4filmakers.com? young actor Scott Caan and......ANTHONY HOPKINS?! yep,that's right. is any of this true? only time will tell, but i tell ya that's one hell of a story if it is true.
May 21, 2001, 4:31 p.m. CST
Too bad that cartoon was so rank. Hey, I'm not complaining about the subject matter, simply because it's about comics2film AND the Avengers, who are my favorite team of all time. Which, btw, I'm not opposed to some costume changes...Scarlett Witch and Hawkeye look shite. In fact, they all are wearing rubber foam, but it's just so damn cute and campy I can't resist!
May 21, 2001, 6:42 p.m. CST
When the Avengers get hard up for members! Reminds me of all thoes issues when they where looking for members and getting turned down hand over fist!
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 150 total posts 150 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 526 total posts 56 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 475 total posts 48 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 37 total posts 37 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 232 total posts 23 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Day of the Doctor'!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 38 total posts 8 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 192 total posts 8 posts
- Idris Elba On THE DAILY SHOW!! Ian McKellen On LETTERMAN!! Amy Adams On FALLON!! New RICK & MORTY, ALMOST HUMAN, CRYO, BROKE, MET, MOLLY, MOM, HOSTAGES, VOICE, MNF & RAW!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts