AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Live-Action TV Footage!
Greetings, comic connoisseurs! ROBOGEEK here with something sorta special...
While most TV-watching superhero geeks I know are eagerly anticipating such projects as Cartoon Network's JUSTICE LEAGUE animated series and, of course, Fox's much-delayed live-action series adaptation of THE TICK, I thought I'd bring you a peek at something you may or may not have seen (in the interest of equal time).
Captain America! Spider-Man! The Hulk! Iron Man! Thor! The Scarlet Witch! Hawkeye! They're all here - in the flesh! See for yourself in this 30 second 2.7MB 240x180 QuickTime file...
So maybe it is just that "Got Milk?" commercial... but it still is kinda geeky-cool (and is something many AICNers have been asking for since it started airing). And, by gosh, doesn't it just make you wish there really was a live-action AVENGERS series - or movie? How cool would that be?
Anyway, just thought I'd share - and hopefully bring a smile to your Monday. ;-)
"What... do you fight? HA!!!
P.S.: And, yes, in case you missed it... that hotlink in the second paragraph takes you to a rare snippet of genuine TICK series footage!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 20, 2001, 10:45 p.m. CST
Not the movie... The TV series.
May 20, 2001, 10:54 p.m. CST
I used to buy The Avengers as a kid. I love comics as much as the next person. But sometimes I have to admit that a real person dressed up as Hawkeye or the Scarlet Witch just looks stupid. :(
May 20, 2001, 10:55 p.m. CST
by vroom socko
One time I was watching the tube with Pappy Socko, and this commercial came on. Pappy turned to me and said, "I recognise Spider-Man, but who are those other guys?" I tried to explain the Avengers to him, but he just tuned it out. This thing is damn goofy, but I love it anyway.
May 21, 2001, 12:09 a.m. CST
I like the one where the old guy's - who never drinks milk - arms fall right off. Now that's comedy.
May 21, 2001, 1:42 a.m. CST
May 21, 2001, 6:30 a.m. CST
The Hulk in the commercial looks more like the Hulk from the comics than Lou Ferrigno (don't know if his sir name is spelled right) ever did. Plus, the Scarlet Witch is hot. Check out her gams in the group shot.
May 21, 2001, 6:37 a.m. CST
So what is the news part of this? Robogeek doesn't watch TV for months then thinks everything he sees now is new? Or that the avengers finally stop thinking of spidey as a criminal vigilante and let him hang out at the mansion with the big boys?
May 21, 2001, 7:04 a.m. CST
by SilentBob X
BTW, does anyone know who that babe is playing the Scarlet Witch? Snoogans.
May 21, 2001, 7:06 a.m. CST
Any time I get to see an "in the flesh" Hawkeye is okay with me. Now I have it in convenient desktop size. I would dearly love to see more of Hawkeye's shaft in this commercial.
May 21, 2001, 7:35 a.m. CST
Geez, guys, I've had this clip on my hard drive since December 7th. Of last year. You know, of the last Century!! Do try to be more current in the future, where we all must live.
May 21, 2001, 8:04 a.m. CST
by The Riot
So what if it's old.. As Robogeek says, he'd just thought he'd try to "bring a smile to our Monday". Grow up... And, for any people too dense to realize it, the real story here is the TICK footage, not the "Got Milk?" commercial.. Thanks, Robogeek!
May 21, 2001, 8:26 a.m. CST
Geeks. The man was simply posting it in QuickTime for you all to view for the heck of it. There is nothing that says this is breaking news. Unlike an annoucement on one of you getting laid. Now that's breaking news. Fucking tools. Just read it for the fun of it...buncha critical louses...
May 21, 2001, 11:07 a.m. CST
i'm shocked that no one put this up here, but, according to 4filmakers.com , comingsoon.net, and ignfilmforce, guess who was just listed in the xmen2 cast on 4filmakers.com? young actor Scott Caan and......ANTHONY HOPKINS?! yep,that's right. is any of this true? only time will tell, but i tell ya that's one hell of a story if it is true.
May 21, 2001, 4:31 p.m. CST
Too bad that cartoon was so rank. Hey, I'm not complaining about the subject matter, simply because it's about comics2film AND the Avengers, who are my favorite team of all time. Which, btw, I'm not opposed to some costume changes...Scarlett Witch and Hawkeye look shite. In fact, they all are wearing rubber foam, but it's just so damn cute and campy I can't resist!
May 21, 2001, 6:42 p.m. CST
When the Avengers get hard up for members! Reminds me of all thoes issues when they where looking for members and getting turned down hand over fist!
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 280 total posts 255 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 219 total posts 175 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 233 total posts 90 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 566 total posts 43 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 189 total posts 32 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 115 total posts 25 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 357 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts