QUINT's On A Seaman Rampage In LA!!
Ahoy there, squirties. 'Tis I, the elbow-rubbing and completely crusty seaman, Quint, here to let you folks in LA know that I am among you. I have been here for a week (in swarmy sneakiness) and my week long trip has turned into a two week long odyssey.
I am here visiting Don (Phantasm) Coscarelli's Bubba Ho-Tep set. I am spending my days watching Bruce Campbell run... erm.. hobble around playing a 70 year old Elvis and spending my nights watching a fella by the name of Bob Ivy in an outstanding Mummy costume as he's stalking the elderly Elvis. In about 2 weeks time you'll get the first full set report, with exclusive pics no less.
Until then, I am putting the call out for all cool people. If you are cool and famous and want to sit down with the Crusty Seaman while I'm out here and do a little interview drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a cool, nonfamous person that wants to hang out, drop me a line and we'll see what can be arranged. Hot seaman groupies (female, please) are more then appreciated. Any of the above can reach me at email@example.com.
I will respond to one and all... and will try to fit everybody in. You have an extra seat to a big (or small)premiere? You want me to stop by your set? You want to just break bread with this old salt? Drop me a line. Just remember I'm spending the majority of my days (and nights) on set and am at Bubba Ho-Tep's whim. I will try to be accomodating to all nevertheless.
Get to writin' me at firstname.lastname@example.org my fellow Los Angelino Seamen and Mermaids. I be waitin' fer your emails.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
April 18, 2001, 4:32 a.m. CST
by Knight says"Ni"
Another Bruce Campbell talkback--I love reading these. I'll start...(Ahem) "Bruce Campbell is God!"
April 18, 2001, 4:42 a.m. CST
by SEATTLE SLEWW
I think the question that is truly on all of our minds is: "What has Whoopi been up to lately?" Go forth, thy seaman, and bring me the collective wit of the first lady of comedy.
April 18, 2001, 3:22 p.m. CST
This really has nothing to do with the above article but I just saw the latest Coens brother film on video...What an absolute letdown. Not funny. Not exciting. Barely interesting. Clooney, agree or disagree, was just far too hip to convince in the lead role. Through the entire film he kept on changing from Clark Gable to Seth Gecko. What does anyone else think?
April 18, 2001, 3:31 p.m. CST
"Quint is on a seaman rampage"...These jokes write themselves!!
April 18, 2001, 6:28 p.m. CST
by Ambrose Chappell
Well it would!
April 19, 2001, 12:32 a.m. CST
by Meat Takeshi
I think you have horrible taste.
April 19, 2001, 8:50 a.m. CST
by Buzz Maverik
Boating was all the rage with my crowd at school. I customized Daddu's 40 footer with extra liquor holds, a sound system only legal in the third world, smuggling compartments with easy dump action, extra heads for the illegal immigrants I intended to ferry in, and a nice deck gun. I began each day with a flogging at the mast until Mistress De Sade upped her prices. My first mate Raul got a little uppity just because I wanted to shoot an empty Coors can off his head with the deck gun so I was going to have him walk the plank our third day out to sea but he plea bargained down to a mere six hour keel-hauling. We came across one of those Kathie Lee Cruise ships so I lead a boarding party but all we got was a case of champagne and a tube of Polident. On day seven, we ran out of shark chum and I guess Raul knew what I was thinking because he lead a mutiny. I was set adrift in an innertube with nothing but the SPF 69 on my back and one of those rum drinks with the little umbrella and all the fruit.
April 19, 2001, 1:27 p.m. CST
by Smart Mark
Bruce Campbell, Don Coscarelli, Joe Lansdale----it's the f**king triple crown of the genre. I've read Lansdale's Bubba Ho-tep...it's awesome!
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 203 total posts 76 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 49 total posts 37 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 247 total posts 36 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 545 total posts 23 posts
- "Welcome to the Glade." New trailer for THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 38 total posts 19 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 240 total posts 15 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 27 total posts 14 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 121 total posts 13 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 716 total posts 11 posts
- Trailer for THE LONGEST WEEK, Starring Jason Bateman, Billy Crudup and Olivia Wilde! -- 29 total posts 11 posts