The World's Most Important Film Property Is Now Available Again!!!
Well folks, Harry here ecstatic that a film property has managed to escape the hands of being developed into what could have very well been a sub-par animated endeavor... and could now very well be made into the transforming epic that we have all dreamed for this property. Gilbert Shelton's FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS is now a free property... meaning it has no manacles to one studio or production house or another. The person on this planet meant to hold this project's hand through development and into frutation is THE DUDE, Jeff Dowd. Jeff... go get it! Genius is waiting to be discovered!
It's gonna be a much longer wait for the Freak brothers animated movie to come out. According to Kathe Todd over at Rip Off Press (RipOffPress.Com) the deal with Film Roman has fallen through. And now, they are back to square one. Drag. This news came to me via email.
The Midnight Toker
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:04 a.m. CST
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:12 a.m. CST
I have a small collection of the original comic books which are funny as hell.
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:18 a.m. CST
Appearing in Electric Soup, Rocky MacBlaw deserves his own cartoon.
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:13 a.m. CST
by Regis Travolta
Shows what I know.
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:15 a.m. CST
by Ambrose Chappell
Oh, and Regis Travolta is a suckup! Everyone knows that the most important unfilmed property is Moriarty's Life Story, duh!
Jan. 31, 2001, 9:48 a.m. CST
by Darth TJ Mackey
http://www.ripoffpress.com...and remember Freewheelin' Franklin's adage that "dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"...
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:20 p.m. CST
Who needs a epic??? "GRASS ROOTS" would be the perfect FFFB story for adaptation - that's the one that climaxes with an entire town's populace getting stoned on fermented mushrooms and dancing naked around a huge bonfire. That would be the most INCREDIBLE climax I'd like to see!
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:25 p.m. CST
Howard Stern as Phineas, Cheech Marin as Freewheelin Franklin, John Belushi as Fat Freddy - oops, he's dead. Jim Candy as Fatt Freddy - oops, he's dead too. Chris Farley - oops.... Maybe if Tom Hanks GAINED weight for a role?
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:38 p.m. CST
boy I hope this picture gets made! Since it's a cartoon they cab cram it chock-full of peripheral shit -- by which I mean FF's cat (FF Skitty) and the cockroach armies -- always the funniest part of the comix. Throw in a cameo by Wonder Wart Hog and I'm totally sold dude.
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 78 total posts 76 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 83 total posts 57 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 182 total posts 40 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 143 total posts 39 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 63 total posts 37 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 59 total posts 34 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 203 total posts 26 posts