The World's Most Important Film Property Is Now Available Again!!!
Well folks, Harry here ecstatic that a film property has managed to escape the hands of being developed into what could have very well been a sub-par animated endeavor... and could now very well be made into the transforming epic that we have all dreamed for this property. Gilbert Shelton's FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS is now a free property... meaning it has no manacles to one studio or production house or another. The person on this planet meant to hold this project's hand through development and into frutation is THE DUDE, Jeff Dowd. Jeff... go get it! Genius is waiting to be discovered!
It's gonna be a much longer wait for the Freak brothers animated movie to come out. According to Kathe Todd over at Rip Off Press (RipOffPress.Com) the deal with Film Roman has fallen through. And now, they are back to square one. Drag. This news came to me via email.
The Midnight Toker
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:04 a.m. CST
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:12 a.m. CST
I have a small collection of the original comic books which are funny as hell.
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:18 a.m. CST
Appearing in Electric Soup, Rocky MacBlaw deserves his own cartoon.
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:13 a.m. CST
by Regis Travolta
Shows what I know.
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:15 a.m. CST
by Ambrose Chappell
Oh, and Regis Travolta is a suckup! Everyone knows that the most important unfilmed property is Moriarty's Life Story, duh!
Jan. 31, 2001, 9:48 a.m. CST
by Darth TJ Mackey
http://www.ripoffpress.com...and remember Freewheelin' Franklin's adage that "dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"...
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:20 p.m. CST
Who needs a epic??? "GRASS ROOTS" would be the perfect FFFB story for adaptation - that's the one that climaxes with an entire town's populace getting stoned on fermented mushrooms and dancing naked around a huge bonfire. That would be the most INCREDIBLE climax I'd like to see!
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:25 p.m. CST
Howard Stern as Phineas, Cheech Marin as Freewheelin Franklin, John Belushi as Fat Freddy - oops, he's dead. Jim Candy as Fatt Freddy - oops, he's dead too. Chris Farley - oops.... Maybe if Tom Hanks GAINED weight for a role?
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:38 p.m. CST
boy I hope this picture gets made! Since it's a cartoon they cab cram it chock-full of peripheral shit -- by which I mean FF's cat (FF Skitty) and the cockroach armies -- always the funniest part of the comix. Throw in a cameo by Wonder Wart Hog and I'm totally sold dude.
- MAN OF STEEL TV Spot #6 - I give up, I'm just dying to see this thing! -- 245 total posts 51 posts
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About The New WOLVERINE Trailer, Soderbergh’s CANDELABRA, FURIOUS 6, HANGOVER III, EPIC, GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 137 total posts 47 posts
- Universal may not have a new JURASSIC PARK, but Fox has WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 3D due this Christmas!!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Roland Emmerich unleashes a symphony of elements in this BTS Featurette of WHITE HOUSE DOWN!!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 151 total posts 15 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 521 total posts 6 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 107 total posts 5 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 95 total posts 4 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE Premiere!! THE FIFTH DOCTOR!! Those 7.5 New Hours Of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT Hit Netflix!! New FAMILY TREE, WIVES, CLIENT!! NBC's Last SMASH Ever!!
Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 3 total posts 3 posts