The World's Most Important Film Property Is Now Available Again!!!
Well folks, Harry here ecstatic that a film property has managed to escape the hands of being developed into what could have very well been a sub-par animated endeavor... and could now very well be made into the transforming epic that we have all dreamed for this property. Gilbert Shelton's FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS is now a free property... meaning it has no manacles to one studio or production house or another. The person on this planet meant to hold this project's hand through development and into frutation is THE DUDE, Jeff Dowd. Jeff... go get it! Genius is waiting to be discovered!
It's gonna be a much longer wait for the Freak brothers animated movie to come out. According to Kathe Todd over at Rip Off Press (RipOffPress.Com) the deal with Film Roman has fallen through. And now, they are back to square one. Drag. This news came to me via email.
The Midnight Toker
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:04 a.m. CST
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:12 a.m. CST
I have a small collection of the original comic books which are funny as hell.
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:18 a.m. CST
Appearing in Electric Soup, Rocky MacBlaw deserves his own cartoon.
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:13 a.m. CST
by Regis Travolta
Shows what I know.
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:15 a.m. CST
by Ambrose Chappell
Oh, and Regis Travolta is a suckup! Everyone knows that the most important unfilmed property is Moriarty's Life Story, duh!
Jan. 31, 2001, 9:48 a.m. CST
by Darth TJ Mackey
http://www.ripoffpress.com...and remember Freewheelin' Franklin's adage that "dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"...
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:20 p.m. CST
Who needs a epic??? "GRASS ROOTS" would be the perfect FFFB story for adaptation - that's the one that climaxes with an entire town's populace getting stoned on fermented mushrooms and dancing naked around a huge bonfire. That would be the most INCREDIBLE climax I'd like to see!
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:25 p.m. CST
Howard Stern as Phineas, Cheech Marin as Freewheelin Franklin, John Belushi as Fat Freddy - oops, he's dead. Jim Candy as Fatt Freddy - oops, he's dead too. Chris Farley - oops.... Maybe if Tom Hanks GAINED weight for a role?
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:38 p.m. CST
boy I hope this picture gets made! Since it's a cartoon they cab cram it chock-full of peripheral shit -- by which I mean FF's cat (FF Skitty) and the cockroach armies -- always the funniest part of the comix. Throw in a cameo by Wonder Wart Hog and I'm totally sold dude.
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 460 total posts 313 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 408 total posts 39 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 374 total posts 23 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 135 total posts 21 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 190 total posts 14 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 85 total posts 7 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 204 total posts 6 posts
- Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC Gets Two Release Dates! -- 57 total posts 5 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 85 total posts 4 posts