The World's Most Important Film Property Is Now Available Again!!!
Well folks, Harry here ecstatic that a film property has managed to escape the hands of being developed into what could have very well been a sub-par animated endeavor... and could now very well be made into the transforming epic that we have all dreamed for this property. Gilbert Shelton's FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS is now a free property... meaning it has no manacles to one studio or production house or another. The person on this planet meant to hold this project's hand through development and into frutation is THE DUDE, Jeff Dowd. Jeff... go get it! Genius is waiting to be discovered!
It's gonna be a much longer wait for the Freak brothers animated movie to come out. According to Kathe Todd over at Rip Off Press (RipOffPress.Com) the deal with Film Roman has fallen through. And now, they are back to square one. Drag. This news came to me via email.
The Midnight Toker
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:04 a.m. CST
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:12 a.m. CST
I have a small collection of the original comic books which are funny as hell.
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:18 a.m. CST
Appearing in Electric Soup, Rocky MacBlaw deserves his own cartoon.
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:13 a.m. CST
by Regis Travolta
Shows what I know.
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:15 a.m. CST
by Ambrose Chappell
Oh, and Regis Travolta is a suckup! Everyone knows that the most important unfilmed property is Moriarty's Life Story, duh!
Jan. 31, 2001, 9:48 a.m. CST
by Darth TJ Mackey
http://www.ripoffpress.com...and remember Freewheelin' Franklin's adage that "dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"...
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:20 p.m. CST
Who needs a epic??? "GRASS ROOTS" would be the perfect FFFB story for adaptation - that's the one that climaxes with an entire town's populace getting stoned on fermented mushrooms and dancing naked around a huge bonfire. That would be the most INCREDIBLE climax I'd like to see!
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:25 p.m. CST
Howard Stern as Phineas, Cheech Marin as Freewheelin Franklin, John Belushi as Fat Freddy - oops, he's dead. Jim Candy as Fatt Freddy - oops, he's dead too. Chris Farley - oops.... Maybe if Tom Hanks GAINED weight for a role?
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:38 p.m. CST
boy I hope this picture gets made! Since it's a cartoon they cab cram it chock-full of peripheral shit -- by which I mean FF's cat (FF Skitty) and the cockroach armies -- always the funniest part of the comix. Throw in a cameo by Wonder Wart Hog and I'm totally sold dude.
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 218 total posts 117 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 204 total posts 67 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 132 total posts 41 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 92 total posts 36 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 440 total posts 29 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 49 total posts 21 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 15 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts