The World's Most Important Film Property Is Now Available Again!!!
Well folks, Harry here ecstatic that a film property has managed to escape the hands of being developed into what could have very well been a sub-par animated endeavor... and could now very well be made into the transforming epic that we have all dreamed for this property. Gilbert Shelton's FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS is now a free property... meaning it has no manacles to one studio or production house or another. The person on this planet meant to hold this project's hand through development and into frutation is THE DUDE, Jeff Dowd. Jeff... go get it! Genius is waiting to be discovered!
It's gonna be a much longer wait for the Freak brothers animated movie to come out. According to Kathe Todd over at Rip Off Press (RipOffPress.Com) the deal with Film Roman has fallen through. And now, they are back to square one. Drag. This news came to me via email.
The Midnight Toker
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:04 a.m. CST
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:12 a.m. CST
I have a small collection of the original comic books which are funny as hell.
Jan. 31, 2001, 12:18 a.m. CST
Appearing in Electric Soup, Rocky MacBlaw deserves his own cartoon.
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:13 a.m. CST
by Regis Travolta
Shows what I know.
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:15 a.m. CST
by Ambrose Chappell
Oh, and Regis Travolta is a suckup! Everyone knows that the most important unfilmed property is Moriarty's Life Story, duh!
Jan. 31, 2001, 9:48 a.m. CST
by Darth TJ Mackey
http://www.ripoffpress.com...and remember Freewheelin' Franklin's adage that "dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"...
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:20 p.m. CST
Who needs a epic??? "GRASS ROOTS" would be the perfect FFFB story for adaptation - that's the one that climaxes with an entire town's populace getting stoned on fermented mushrooms and dancing naked around a huge bonfire. That would be the most INCREDIBLE climax I'd like to see!
Jan. 31, 2001, 1:25 p.m. CST
Howard Stern as Phineas, Cheech Marin as Freewheelin Franklin, John Belushi as Fat Freddy - oops, he's dead. Jim Candy as Fatt Freddy - oops, he's dead too. Chris Farley - oops.... Maybe if Tom Hanks GAINED weight for a role?
Jan. 31, 2001, 2:38 p.m. CST
boy I hope this picture gets made! Since it's a cartoon they cab cram it chock-full of peripheral shit -- by which I mean FF's cat (FF Skitty) and the cockroach armies -- always the funniest part of the comix. Throw in a cameo by Wonder Wart Hog and I'm totally sold dude.
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 89 total posts 64 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 68 total posts 24 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 539 total posts 16 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 166 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 149 total posts 6 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 96 total posts 6 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 205 total posts 2 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 146 total posts 2 posts