Hola Dannie aqui,
We got some "Ready Player One" news from the fast approaching SXSW! There will be a VIVE VR Experience! I cannot fracking wait to run through the Oasis! Hope to see many of you all there at the fest, and at this super cool virtual reality event that I am chomping at the bit to get to, read on for details from SXSW.
ENTER THE WORLDS OF STEVEN SPIELBERG’S NEW FILM
AT THE SXSW READY PLAYER ONE EXPERIENCE WITH VIVE VRExclusive VR content from HTC VIVE™ and Hot Topic Ready Player One Pop-Up Shop,along with live performances, games, prizes, and fun photo ops are just some of what awaits.In anticipation of the March 29 release of Steven Spielberg’s new action adventure, “Ready Player One,” attendees at this year’s South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conference and Festivals can step into the immersiveReady Player One Experience with VIVE VR. A two-story, city block takeover of Brazos Hall, the event runs from Friday, March 9, to Sunday, March 11, and will showcase the sights, sounds and atmosphere of the film, including exciting virtual reality (VR) content from HTC VIVE.Prior to the official opening, there will be a special press preview of the Experience on Thursday, March 8, with special guest appearances.The Experience begins from the outside, where the exterior of Brazos Hall will be transformed into the Stacks, the vertical trailer park where people live in the real world of 2045. Upon receiving their personal RFID wristband, guests will enter the venue through Wade Watts’ Van, the hideaway of the film’s young hero, and, from there, be transported into the OASIS, where the real action begins.The first floor of the Experience is chock full of things to do:
- The RFID wristband will keep score as guests test their knowledge of `80s trivia, play arcade games, or look for hidden clues, to move up the Leaderboard to win fun prizes, including one grand prize per day: an HTC VIVE VR System.
- Visitors can browse at Avatar Outfitters, offering the Hot Topic Ready Player One Pop-Up Shop. Guests will have a chance to score officially licensed gear, including exclusive t-shirts, caps, jewelry, backpacks, collectible pins and other cool accessories, as well as fan-favorite Funko Pop! vinyl figures and Copper, Jade and Crystal key sets, and much more, all available for purchase.
- Guests can try out the “Ready Player One” Avatar Creator by VIVE to choose their new digital identity, and then send the avatar to their personal email.
- Drop into 2045’s hottest nightclub, The Distracted Globe, where infinity mirrors create the impression of being gravity-free for a cool photo op, and guests can enjoy “Ready Player One”-themed specialty cocktails.
- From the stage: `80s trivia happy hours and nightly artist performances, with special guest DJs and performers, including a WaveVR DJ set by Tye Sheridan, who stars in “Ready Player One”; Them Jeans; FM-84; Bird Peterson; and a special performance by a surprise guest.
- On Saturday, March 10, the SXSW Film Festival will hold its 25th Edition party, celebrating the anniversary of the film festival, at the Experience.
- On Sunday, March 11, the venue will hold a livestream, Ready Player One LIVE at SXSW, powered by Twitch and IMDb, hosted by Aisha Tyler and correspondent Alex Correa. The stream will be live on www.twitch.tv/twitch andwww.imdb.com/readyplayerone and will feature some of the stars and filmmakers from “Ready Player One,” including cast members Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Lena Waithe, Win Morisaki, Philip Zhao and Ben Mendelsohn; screenwriter Zak Penn; and author/screenwriter/co-producer Ernest Cline.Level up to the second floor of the venue, where visitors will find themselves in the Stacks.
- All guests will be invited to try out HTC VIVE’s VR versions of classic arcade games and experiences inspired by the universe of “Ready Player One.”In addition to all the happenings in Brazos Hall, Atom Tickets will be outside offering an opportunity to purchase advance tickets to the film on Atom. Those who do are able to jump ahead in line to enter the Experience.Visit https://schedule.sxsw.com/ and http://readyplayeronemovie.com/sxsw for updated information about the Experience.About “Ready Player One”:From filmmaker Steven Spielberg comes the science fiction action adventure “Ready Player One,” based on Ernest Cline’s bestseller of the same name. Spielberg directed the film from a screenplay by Zak Penn and Ernest Cline. Donald De Line, Kristie Macosko Krieger, Spielberg and Dan Farah produced the film, with Adam Somner, Daniel Lupi, Chris deFaria and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers. The film stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, Lena Waithe, T.J. Miller, Philip Zhao, Win Morisaki, Hannah John-Kamen, with Simon Pegg and Mark Rylance.Warner Bros. Pictures and Amblin Entertainment present, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, an Amblin Production, a De Line Pictures Production, a Steven Spielberg Film, “Ready Player One.” Opening on Thursday, March 29, 2018in 2D and 3D in select theatres and IMAX®, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures. This film has been rated PG-13.Too cool! However, I do have to say that the point of THE OASIS and Ready Player One is the avoidance of corporate exclusive content, it is about letting the entire world play. I have high hopes for the VR game/expierence and hope with all my heart they actually release the game world wide for free... But we all know unfortunately that will never probably happen. The idea of VR Universities could/would be world changing especially if access were free. All in all I am very excited and can not wait to tell y'all about my time in The OASIS at SXSW! Also for those going I cannot wait to chat you all up in the flesh!Stay Strong, Live Good, Love Movies!Dannie aka Pekosa Peligrosa