MORIARTY & JOHN ROBIE Are Headed For SUNDANCE!!
Hey, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab.
Yes, it's true. I've been persuaded to leave the lush comforts of my dank underground lab and travel to Park City, where I can freeze my balls off and see movies!! How can I resist?!
In all seriousness, it's going to be a great year for the festival, I think, and I want to make my first trip to Sundance special. I've waited for a promising line-up of films and artists, and I'm excited about what we might see.
If you're going to be showing a film at any of the events in or around Park City, drop me AN E-MAIL to tell me when and where it's screening so I can start working out exactly which days we'll be there, and what we'll be covering. You can also call me (my number's on our Contacts page) to talk to me about your film if you want. Remember... there's two of us, and we'll be covering the festival not just for the website, but also for our new televi...
Oh, wait, am I allowed to mention that?!
At any rate, I'm also looking for advice from veterans of previous Sundance excursions. Any tips would be appreciated. I'm going into this one cold, no pun intended. I want to have fun, I want to see films, and I want to make sure I don't miss anything while I'm there.
If you wrote something, produced it, starred in it, or worked on it in any way, let me know it's worth my time. Tell me why I need to see your film. I'm open for suggestions, and I'm excited. I'll be seeing a number of films in the next week that will be showing at Sundance, using my time to get as many movies out of the way as possible so I can fit in even more while I'm there.
Can't wait to see you there!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 9, 2001, 5:44 a.m. CST
first time out and first!
Jan. 9, 2001, 6:09 a.m. CST
by Lance Rock
Jan. 9, 2001, 6:27 a.m. CST
Didnt Rob Redford start the festival? By the way, is this " Aint It Cool " TV show gonna be airing in Europe?? If so I can't wait! Have fun Mori, do the geeks proud! www.heres-looking-at-movies.com
Jan. 9, 2001, 7:04 a.m. CST
As a play, it rightly sucked
Jan. 9, 2001, 8:05 a.m. CST
David Poland went on about it in his column yesterday, and, I must admit, it sounds fairly interesting, especially with the spate of reality television shows hitting our tubes this week. Also, say hello to Redford for me, and tell him I'm sorry about that fly-fishing incident back in '92. I was but a novice, and my enthusiasm got the best of me. I realize that doesn't quite make up for the tetanus shot, but..... well, let's just start with a simple apology and go from there.
Jan. 9, 2001, 8:38 a.m. CST
Yes, Mr. Beaks SERIES 7 is the film to check out. Very disturbing (in a good way) and darkly funny. The perfect antidote to reality overkill. The web site is a riot. They have some hilarious flash movies about a Sniper in the Red Army and a training manual which shows you how to defend against a knife attack that looks like the guys from Jackass created it. Check it out: http://www.series7movie.com
Jan. 9, 2001, 9:09 a.m. CST
Wow what a great news article. Rubbing our noses in it that you guys are going to Sundance and we are not! :P
Jan. 9, 2001, 10:06 a.m. CST
That's right, there's a line in the TV show South Park where they say Sundance movies are "nothing but gay cowboys sitting around eating pudding". Well coincidentally enough, this year's Sundance has a documentary called "Southern Comfort" which is about a gay cowboy. If he breaks out the pudding, I'm outta there.
Jan. 9, 2001, 11:15 a.m. CST
Whatever you do be sure to check out the rumored nude PETA rally that will be occuring the evening of the 19th at the bottom of Main Street. I myself may be doing the drive up the canyon for a chace to see some nude animal-lovin' snatch.
Jan. 9, 2001, 12:06 p.m. CST
I will be going to sundance next year (staying at Mountainside) guys Have a good time and good luck and remember, this is Utah you must be a member to get into the bars there. get you memberships (usually 5 bucks for the week) early
Jan. 9, 2001, 12:49 p.m. CST
The "Private Club" rules for bars in Utah are a joke. Trust me - they mean nothing. You DON'T need a membership. All the bars and clubs just keep an employee at the door who sponsors you. Getting a membership rarely even keeps you from paying the cover charge. You can drink in Utah as easily as anywhere else.
Jan. 12, 2001, 5:36 a.m. CST
Whoever said HEDWIG sucked seriously needs to get their ugly ass face outta my life, becuase, as a play, HEDWIG was one of the fucking greatest things I've ever seen. The music kicks SO MUCH ass it isn't even funny. I'd look out for this movie- I think it has the potential to be amazing. -joe
Jan. 13, 2001, 12:39 a.m. CST
Next time Timberlake is on Entertainment Tonight, they should ask him why he was wearing that digialferox.com t-shirt backstage at the AMAs. By the way, what the hell does any of this have to do with Sundance? I'm going to the gym to get pumped. Late!
Jan. 13, 2001, 9:40 a.m. CST
I'm volunteering at Slamdance, but I need a ride from Sandy, Utah to Park City in order to do it. I'll write a report each day from there (I have a laptop) but I need a ride. If anybody on here is going to be volunteering and is anywhere near me, please contact me. I'll share expenses of course. My other email is email@example.com Any help is most appreciated. I've been drafted into the press and media department, so I should be able to come up with some good scoops. Thanks in advance.
Jan. 13, 2001, 2:33 p.m. CST
I think Enigma is being played at Sundance... you better check it out.
Jan. 14, 2001, 10:51 p.m. CST
But have fun in the snow you two!
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 442 total posts 285 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 209 total posts 168 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 165 total posts 79 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 62 total posts 25 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 304 total posts 22 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 47 total posts 21 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 290 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 193 total posts 7 posts