A Few Pics From ONE NIGHT AT McCOOL'S
Hey folks, Harry here with some pics (by way of Norway) on ONE NIGHT AT McCOOL'S, which has technically been sitting in a can for quite some time awaiting release... now usually that means that the film sucks, but from what I hear... USA FILMS just didn't have a place to put it in its 2000 film schedule, so it got bumped to 2001. Also, I've heard from several people that have seen it that have said... while it isn't a great film, it is quite a bit of fun. SO... we'll have to wait and see, but for now, here's some pics to hold ya over...
Hello Harry!(My writing skills may suck but I come from Norway so who
cares!) You said if we had any info at all about the movies you listed, we
should send it. "One night at McCools" is one of many must-see films of
2001. It might have something to do with the fact that I think Harald Zwart
is one hell of a director which deserves to be noticed, or that John
Goodman, Liv Tyler and Matt Dillon in a Michal Douglas film has to make
people smile. These are old pictures, taken from a newspaper in Norway, but
I havent seen them anywhere on the net so...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
Jan. 2, 2001, 2:54 p.m. CST
by Uber Neuman
little Stevie Tyler's daughter looks hot... Still don't think I'll see this one....
Jan. 2, 2001, 3:22 p.m. CST
Im not sure what this is about but Liv tyler wet and washing in a dress with Matt Dillon and Michael Douglas, can't be all bad so far.. hehe
Jan. 2, 2001, 3:31 p.m. CST
Liv Tyler, Matt Dillon, John Goodman, Paul Reiser but Michael Douglas (tee he he)
Jan. 2, 2001, 3:45 p.m. CST
ill just download the scene with liv washin the car thank you...whats it about anyway?
Jan. 2, 2001, 3:49 p.m. CST
Sheesh...first Denise Richards in Wild Things, and now Liv. Life's rough for Matty.
Jan. 2, 2001, 3:59 p.m. CST
by Lenny Nero
Jan. 2, 2001, 7:13 p.m. CST
Paul Reiser. Sheesh.
Jan. 2, 2001, 7:32 p.m. CST
Paul Reiser was in Aliens... arguably the best of the four. He was also in Diner. Plus he is extremely smart... think about it, he created this show where he got to make out with Helen Hunt on a weekly basis.
Jan. 2, 2001, 7:34 p.m. CST
by MOVIE WRITER
Don't forget Reiser as Burke in Aliens. He was a great bad guy. Remember he tried to get the face huggers to attack Ripley. BTW, the DVD with extra 17 minutes makes it one of the greatest movies ever. As far as John Goodman, he would be great in a documentary of his eating habits. I'd love to know how much food this fatso packs away. Was he uncredited as Fat Bastard in Austin Powers 2?
Jan. 2, 2001, 8:11 p.m. CST
by Zombie Vig
speaking of Liv Tyler, Harry... what happened to those LOTR cast/crew's autographs in your LOTR book you wanted to show us?
Jan. 2, 2001, 9:45 p.m. CST
by Buzz Maverik
Somebody explain to the film school grads what that reference means. I think this film has been reedited. Now it's just Liv washing the car. The great thing is, that for the first hundred ticket buyers, Liv actually will wash your car. You gotta buy the ticket, but you don't have to watch the movie, just the good parts.
Jan. 2, 2001, 10:16 p.m. CST
by Signore Alfa
This looks to be one of these iffy movies that could go either way. BUt what i really got to say is Aliens was good but it was no where near the first Ridley Scott rules. i admitt Aliens was good but NO sequel is better not even the Godfather pt.II
Jan. 3, 2001, 11:44 a.m. CST
by MOVIE WRITER
What are you talking about? Aliens is the sequel of all sequels. And Empire Strikes Back was better than Star Wars. In the context of a sequel, these movies are mindblowing. Sure Ridley is good director but could you sit through White Squall and Conquest of Paradise back to back without a straight jacket?
Jan. 3, 2001, 4:06 p.m. CST
by Wallace Nussbaum
...but I don't see Droopy McCool anywhere in these pictures, nor is he listed in the cast. How can you make a film about Droopy McCool without including one of the galaxy's best kitonak players? And shouldn't he be in the desert, waiting for the coming of the Cosmic Egg? Perhaps he got lonely and built a bar or a restaurant and called it McCool's and got John Goodman to eat there and Goodman called his Hollywood pals and Droopy started a car wash next door and got Liv Tyler all wet and saucy so she could wash cars and then Michael Douglas tried to shut him down but Droopy's the man, so he called up Matt Dillon who is also the man, and Matt Dillon beat up Michael Douglas so he could have a threesome with Liv Tyler and Catherine Zeta-Jones and but then it turns out that John Goodman is really the Cosmic Egg and Droopy gets whacked by the Scottish mob. But my real question is, where's Max Rebo in all of this? I am Wallace Nussbaum, Napoleon of Crime and master of all Celyonese orchestra-conducting orangutans. They're lethal if they get you by the feet.
Jan. 3, 2001, 4:20 p.m. CST
I never join talkback, but this one I just couldn't pass up. How could I stand by and watch anybody even begin to equate that sentimental Cameron crap with Alien. True, I do enjoy Aliens, but it just doesn't compare with the first. My opinion. Take it or leave it.
Jan. 3, 2001, 8:59 p.m. CST
by CHEW THE FAT
Is it new. I never noticed her boobs before. They look bigger. She looks hot. If I hear that she shags Michael Douglas, I won't see it. Too scary.
Jan. 3, 2001, 10:03 p.m. CST
1) what's with all of this michael douglas bashing? i'm not a huge fan, but there are a lot more annoying and less talented people in hollywood than him. 1A) what's with his hair in these pics? he looks just like his old man. 2) who gives a shit about liv tyler all soaped up and washing a car? it looks like one of those cheesy playboy softcore videos. thanks, but i'll take my porn hardcore and in the privacy of my own home, not rated r and in public with a mediocre actress. 3) alien is so much better than aliens that the fact we're even discussing it is sad. ridley scott's no good? suck on this--alien and blade runner each on their own raised the bar for sf films higher than all four of the star wars movies combined.
Jan. 4, 2001, 12:55 p.m. CST
Jan. 7, 2001, 6:43 p.m. CST
This is a funny funny movie. I saw a test audience screening in Burbank last year and it rocks. Paul Reiser gets one of the single biggest laughs I've seen in any film of recent memory. The Diceman doesn't even suck (surprise!). It's unfortunate that MDouglas appears to be featured in the preview and in the poster because it took the audience a short while to realize who that actor was when we first meet him. The Norwegian director Harald Zwart hits a home run with this his first American picture. Excellent cast.
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 103 total posts 51 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 138 total posts 31 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 69 total posts 17 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 69 total posts 16 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 351 total posts 15 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 248 total posts 11 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 32 total posts 10 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 62 total posts 9 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 276 total posts 8 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 462 total posts 8 posts