Jason Isaacs, who menaced Mel Gibson in “The Patriot” and Harry Potter in a number of movies, will captain the titular starship in the new sci-fi hourlong “Star Trek: Discovery.”
"STAR TREK: DISCOVERY" BEAMS UP TWO NEW STARFLEET CREW
Studio City, CA -- STAR TREK: DISCOVERY announces Jason Isaacs and Mary Wiseman as the newest additions to the series.
Jason Isaacs will star as "Captain Lorca," Captain of the Starship Discovery. Isaacs' current and upcoming credits include "The OA" on Netflix and Weinstein Company's "Hotel Mumbai."
Mary Wiseman will star as "Tilly," a Starfleet Academy Cadet in her final year of study, assigned to the Starship Discovery. Wiseman, a recent graduate of Juilliard, can also be seen in "Baskets" on FX.
Isaacs was awesome as a mob enforcer in Showtime’s little-seen “The Brotherhood.”
* Sonequa Martin-Green (“The Walking Dead”) will play Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Rainsford, the lead character on “Star Trek Discovery.”
* James Frain (“Gotham” “24,” “True Blood,” “Agent Carter,” “True Detective”) will play Sarek, father of Spock.
* Michelle Yeoh (“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”) will play the Shenzhou’s Capt. Georgio.
* Doug Jones (“Falling Skies,” “The Strain”) will play Lt. Saru, a Starfleet science officer and a member of a species new to the Star Trek universe.
* Anthony Rapp (“Rent,” “The Knick”) will play Lt. Stamets, a gay astromycologist, fungus expert, and Starfleet science officer aboard the Starship Discovery.
* Terry Serpico (“Army Wives,” “Rescue Me,” “Sneaky Pete”) will play Admiral Anderson, a high-ranking official of Starfleet.
* Maulik Pancholy (“30 Rock,” “Weeds.”) will play Dr. Nambue, the chief medical officer of the Starship Shenzhou.
* Sam Vartholomeos (“The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” “The Following") will play "Ensign Connor,” a junior officer fresh out of Starfleet Academy assigned to the Starship Shenzhou.
* Chris Obi (“Roots,” “American Gods”) will play T'Kuvma, the Klingon leader seeking to unite the Klingon houses.
* Shazad Latif (“MI-5,” “Penny Dreadful”) will play Kol, the Commanding Officer of the Klingons and protégé of T’Kuvma.
* 6’0” Mary Chieffo will play L'Rell, the battle deck commander on the Klingon ship.
CBS chief Les Moonves recently commented that he expects “Star Trek Discovery” to start streaming on CBS All Access in late summer or early autumn.