NWA biopic STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON to star... Paul Giamatti?!?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. When you think of a NWA movie I'm sure the first name to jump out at you is Paul Giamatti. Nothing screams West Coast rappers like Paul Giamatti!
Giamatti will play Ruthless Records co-founder and NWA manager Jerry Heller. I don't know much about the behind the scenes of the record industry, but a quick Wikipedia trip informs me that both Dr. Dre and Ice Cube pointed the finger at Heller's management tactics as the reason why NWA broke up.
So, in short, it seems like the perfect kind of role for one of our best working character actors. Straight Outta Compton will hit theaters in almost exactly one year's time, releasing August 14th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts