PROBABLY UPDATED SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU READ IT! The Villains Of STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Are Ready For Their Way Premature Close-Up!
If these rumors are true, these are pretty significant spoilers for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII. So turn back now if you don't want to know. The news is below Feyd Rautha's crotch.
Now let's get into it...
According to Latino Review, when the search party headed by Han Solo finds Luke Skywalker (who's evidently been held captive since soon after the end of RETURN OF THE JEDI), the now old-and-bearded Jedi knight will lapse into a flashback revealing that the Inquisitors (defenders of the Sith Order, and the main villains of STAR WARS: REBELS) have been around much longer than anyone thought. How long? Well, long enough to take orders from Darth Vader, who will get at least a cameo in said flashback. Whether he turns up again is anybody's guess - until that gets spoiled, too!
The other big reveal in the flashback? Remember when everyone thought Billie Lourd was going to play the daughter of Han Solo and Princess Leia in EPISODE VII because Lourd is the real-life biological daughter of Carrie Fisher (and CAA bigwig Bryan Lourd)? If Latino Review's sources are spot-on (and, more often than not, they are), Lourd is not playing Leia's daughter. She's playing Princess Leia in flashback.
Meanwhile, Badass Digest has chimed in with the revelation that the hand glimpsed in this photo...
... is the hand of the main villain in EPISODE VII. Devin does not know the character's name, but he describes him thusly: "He wears a black robe. His eyes are deep red. And half of his face is metal. He's a cyborg."
Devin has also seen the afore-posted Stormtrooper helmets, and can verify that they are for real. He has more info in his story. You should click on the above link and read it.
While I have no reason to doubt the validity of my colleagues' sources, I want to clarify that I've only heard firsthand the thumbnail sketch of the plot - i.e. Luke's been missing for a long time, his lightsaber is found, two young characters enlist the help of Han Solo and Chewbacca to find him and [REDACTED]. That's all I can personally vouch for. All of the other detail is news to me. But, again, Latino Review and Badass Digest have solid track records, and I know they've got excellent sources on this movie. I think this is true.
UPDATE 11:28 AM PT: Devin Faraci has revealed that Han Solo is piloting a Super Star Destroyer at the beginning of EPISODE VII. Read for yourself!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts