Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early preview of EXPENDABLES 3, on the big screen, the way you're supposed to see it!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Bigger is not always better, but I have a strange feeling that in the case of THE EXPENDABLES franchise, it probably is. Seriously. Look at the line-up for this latest installment, featuring a combination of older action stars and a few younger whipper-snappers, all massed together once again (some for the first time) against. I think one of the greatest thrills for me is watching Dolph Lundgren in these movies; does anybody look more grateful to be working as hard as he does? Not a chance. And most importantly, don’t give in the the temptation to watch this film anywhere but with a live audience—the way it was meant to be seen.
Actions films were always meant to be watched big and loud and with a audience of reactive folks all wanting to watch asses be kicked by the likes of Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Snipes, Ford, Gibson, Lundgren, Statham, Jet Li and even the MIA Willis, plus 10-12 other heavily armed, grizzled individuals. Watch it on the big screen while you have the chance.
Oh, and hey, there just happens to be an early screening of THE EXPENDABLES 3 happening here in Chicago on Wednesday, August 13 at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to winners), and I have a limited number of reserved tickets for a fortunate Ain’t It Cool News readers to attend. Here’s how to win…
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at ExpendablesChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line “Roll Call!” (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: “In your opinion, what actor needs to be added to The Expendables line up, and why?” Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers (as determined by me) win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the weekend!
This is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, but winners' tickets will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any unclaimed tickets will be given away; no exceptions. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Lionsgate for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 253 total posts 152 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 139 total posts 139 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 254 total posts 117 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 151 total posts 60 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 113 total posts 57 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 67 total posts 39 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 449 total posts 38 posts