Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to an early preview of EXPENDABLES 3, on the big screen, the way you're supposed to see it!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Bigger is not always better, but I have a strange feeling that in the case of THE EXPENDABLES franchise, it probably is. Seriously. Look at the line-up for this latest installment, featuring a combination of older action stars and a few younger whipper-snappers, all massed together once again (some for the first time) against. I think one of the greatest thrills for me is watching Dolph Lundgren in these movies; does anybody look more grateful to be working as hard as he does? Not a chance. And most importantly, don’t give in the the temptation to watch this film anywhere but with a live audience—the way it was meant to be seen.
Actions films were always meant to be watched big and loud and with a audience of reactive folks all wanting to watch asses be kicked by the likes of Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Snipes, Ford, Gibson, Lundgren, Statham, Jet Li and even the MIA Willis, plus 10-12 other heavily armed, grizzled individuals. Watch it on the big screen while you have the chance.
Oh, and hey, there just happens to be an early screening of THE EXPENDABLES 3 happening here in Chicago on Wednesday, August 13 at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to winners), and I have a limited number of reserved tickets for a fortunate Ain’t It Cool News readers to attend. Here’s how to win…
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at ExpendablesChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line “Roll Call!” (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: “In your opinion, what actor needs to be added to The Expendables line up, and why?” Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers (as determined by me) win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the weekend!
This is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, but winners' tickets will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any unclaimed tickets will be given away; no exceptions. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Lionsgate for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 287 total posts 91 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 128 total posts 33 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 93 total posts 16 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 627 total posts 15 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 70 total posts 11 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 83 total posts 8 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 80 total posts 5 posts
- Hercules Says The Prognosis For Fox’s New GLEE-ish Hospital Hourlong RED BAND SOCIETY Is Not Very Good At All!! -- 9 total posts 3 posts