Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!!
Seems only appropriate that in the era of BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary…on the month of San Diego Comic-Con (which I believe is the largest Geek event in the world?)…FREE ENTERPRISE is be angling to make a return, this time to the small screen.
For those who’ve never heard of FREE ENTERPRISE, it’s a 1999 film which may well be the most truthful exploration ever of, well, people like the folks who read AICN. And all other Geekily trafficked sites. The kind of folks who dream nerdgastically - and go to Toys ‘R’ Us on a Friday night to check it its newest offerings. FREE ENTERPRISE is a film which I’ve used time and time again to induct my ladies-du-jour to Geek culture. If they understood the film, they understood me…plain and simple. So, why bother to slog through a protracted and peril-filled learning curve?
FREE ENTERPRISE’s creators, Mark A. Altman and Robert Meyer Burnett (Supreme Overlords of the Geekscape) have reunited to bring us a fresh iteration of their beloved concept. To this end, they’re looking to Kickstart a pilot for a new series.
Snippets from their press release reveals more of their plans…
FREE ENTERPRISE – THE TV SERIES features anall-new cast of characters and a coterie of famous nerdlebritiesthat they willencounterin their travels.Retainingthewit,fun and genresavvy of the original film, the FREE ENTERPRISE-based TV series, willhave you lovinglongandpartying like it's1999.
Joining the FREE ENTERPRISE TV SERIES team will beEmmyAward-winningcomedy director (andFREEENTERPRISE fan)DAVID ROGERS,whohas worked on such series as SEINFELD, THEOFFICE and is currently a producer and director on Fox’s criticallyacclaimedTHE MINDY PROJECT./
In addition to visitingthe FREE ENTERPRISE page at kickstarter.com, youcanalsofollow ongoing developments on Facebook at GEEKS-TV SERIES.
So, if you haven’t seen FREE ENTERPRISE and have read this for - I implore you to at least check it out. If you have seen FREE ENTERPRISE and have read this far? Jump on over to Kickstarter for more information on contributions and incentives. I can think of no better way, really, for Geeks to celebrate their own origins and current state of Geekdom than to help Burnett and Altman show the world…in their amusingly accessible and often poignant manner…what it truly means to be people like us.
Let’s help ‘em make it happen…
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 518 total posts 104 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 327 total posts 51 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 122 total posts 20 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 221 total posts 19 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 182 total posts 18 posts
- Meryl Streep Bewitches the First INTO THE WOODS Poster! -- 66 total posts 15 posts
- 12 TIFF reviews from 'garbageman33' covers everything from Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER to Baumbach's WHILE WE'RE YOUNG! -- 16 total posts 14 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 151 total posts 11 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 31 total posts 9 posts
- AICN COMICS Reviews: Grant Morrison’s ANNIHILATOR! HAWKEYE! DUNGEONS & DRAGONS! SUPERMAN UNCHAINED! TOM CLANCY’S SPLINTER CELL! & More! -- 8 total posts 8 posts