SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I wrote about the footage presentation for Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron and now here's the second part of that, covering the actual panel with tons of pics of all those cool Marvel peoples.
It all started when Kevin Feige introduced Robert Downey Jr, who came out dancing to Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Til You Get Enough. He had his little case that he always carries around, which he popped open...
There were red roses in there, which he threw to the crowd, saving some white roses for the ladies in the cast. The whole cast (minus Scarlett Johansson, who was too pregnant to travel) came out one at a time. Jeremy Renner in particular seemed in the spirt, still dancing to MJ.
Sam Jackson had a different approach...
One by one they came out onto the stage...
Now for some highlights from the panel itself:
-One of the best bits of the panel was when moderator and King Nerd Chris Hardwick asked Chris Hemsworth if there's anything he hasn't gotten to do as Thor yet that he wants to. “Turn me into a woman. I don't want to speak too early, but I think that could be my Oscar."
-Robert Downey Jr. beaming at the table of talent. “I become a little less significant every time, but it's alright because they're all just so damn good!” An audience member shouted “You're the best, Robert!” To which he responded immediately with “You're probably right.
-Does Mark Ruffalo get noticed on the street? “People don't know who I am other than Hulk. Out on the street, it's “Yo! Hulk! Hulk! Hulk!”
-Chris Evans said that Cap has kind of caught up with the times, but he's still a man in search of a home, especially after SHIELD falls apart in Winter Solider.
-Sam Jackson said something very heartfelt about Comic-Con. He said he loved the con and comes out every year he can. “I come here and it feels like it validates me, proves that I belong. It energizes me to keep going out and making movies all year.”
-Paul Bettany was asked about his new responsibilities as The Vision: “Now they're making me work for my money! I used to show up to a dark room for 45 minutes and get a bag of cash.” He followed that up with: “This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened... to my children.”
-What about the other robot? Any particular challenges for James Spader? "Well, I play an 8 foot robot in this movie and I've always played humans..." You a sarcastic motherfucker, James Spader. I love it!
-How about when Elizabeth Olsen was talking about playing Scarlet Witch and she almost called her a mutant? "It's fun to bring a new element to the world. There's magic and mu... tated people." The crowd went “ooooooooooo.”
-Robert Downey Jr of course had to make an inappropriate joke when her ability to cast spells came up. He made some suggestion she cast a spell on him a few weeks ago and he's waiting for her to relieve it. Dirty birdy!
The panel ended when they decided to introduce Thanos. Josh Brolin came out wearing a foam Infinite Gauntlet.
Downey tried to barter peace by giving him the last remaining rose... This is what happened:
He did actually eat the rose, by the way.
So, there you go. Awesome panel, awesome footage. Marvel does it again at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con!
Stay tuned for more panel write-ups, including Marvel's Ant-Man and Warner Bros' The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies and Mad Max: Fury Motherfin' Road!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 378 total posts 182 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 170 total posts 75 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 653 total posts 41 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 104 total posts 29 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 104 total posts 27 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 86 total posts 27 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 98 total posts 23 posts
- Hercules Says The Big Mystery Is How Anybody At NBC Thought It Was A Good Idea To Greenlight THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA!! -- 37 total posts 22 posts