"This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2!
I was admittedly a little bummed to hear that John Cusack wouldn't be part of HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2. His Lane Meyer/Lloyd Dobler callbacks were a huge part of what made the first film sing, and losing his reliable talents made me fear that the sequel would just be a collection of loosely-connected gags leeching off of the original's ideas.
Well, this trailer confirms that there are, indeed, a bunch of gags going off of the original's ideas, but it seems that things are even wackier and more nonsensical this time around. There's a tripping sequence, goofy old versions of the main characters (instead of other actors playing their young doppelgangers), Kumail Nanjiani getting sucker-punched, and the return of Chevy Chase.
The plot, which the trailer doesn't really go into, involves the three returning players trekking to the future and helping out Cusack's character's son, played by Adam Scott. But, if the tone of this trailer is any indication, that plotline will be taken very, very loosely, and the film's main priority is to be off-the-wall and laugh-inducing.
Works for me.
What do y'all think? Does the lack of Cusack, Lizzy Caplan, and Crispin Glover turn you off, or does this look funny as all hell?
The fact that Corddry's character is supposed to be Duke's father makes that "Yooooou are a fucking nerrrrrrrd" song way funnier.
HOT TUB TIME MACHINE will pop the Chernobly on December 25th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 190 total posts 34 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 219 total posts 26 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 67 total posts 26 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 36 total posts 25 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 68 total posts 22 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 15 total posts 14 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 26 total posts 12 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts