BETTER CALL JIMMY?? AMC Offers More Details On Its BREAKING BAD Spin-Off!!
Vince Gilligan revealed at AMC’s Friday TCA event that “Breaking Bad” spin-off “Better Call Saul” would hop around to various eras (much as “Breaking Bad” did), but would also spend a lot of time in 2002, six years before Saul Goodman met Walter White.
Gilligan said also that the first seven episodes would not be bringing any characters back from “Breaking Bad” (beyond, one assumes, Goodman and Mike Ehrmantraut).
AMC’s Friday press release reveals that when he first began associating with ex-cop Mike, Saul was lawyering under the name of Jimmy McGill:
Los Angeles, CA – July 11, 2014 – AMC released today from the Television Critics’ Association (TCA) Press Tour two new photos from the set of the Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul, currently in production in Albuquerque, NM. The photos feature series stars Bob Odenkirk and Michael McKean. In addition, the network confirmed the line-up of series regulars for Saul, set to premiere in early 2015. Joining Odenkirk are Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad, Wiseguy) as “fixer” Mike Erhmantraut, McKean (This is Spinal Tap) as Chuck, Rhea Seehorn (Franklin & Bash, House of Lies) as Kim, Patrick Fabian (Big Love, Grey’s Anatomy) as Hamlin and Michael Mando (Orphan Black, The Killing) as Nacho – characters that will represent both legitimate and illegitimate sides of the law.
Better Call Saul is the prequel to the award-winning series Breaking Bad. Gilligan and Breaking Bad writer and producer Peter Gould created the show together and serve as co-showrunners of the premiere season. The series is set six years before Saul Goodman (Odenkirk) meets Walter White. When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and, often, against Jimmy, is “fixer” Mike Erhmantraut (Banks), a beloved character introduced in Breaking Bad. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts “criminal” in “criminal lawyer.” The series’ tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humor.
As previously announced, Breaking Bad creator and showrunner Vince Gilligan directed the first episode of the series, which has already been greenlit for a second season of 13 episodes. The debut season will consist of 10 episodes.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 502 total posts 342 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 251 total posts 210 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 226 total posts 140 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 54 total posts 28 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 63 total posts 26 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 307 total posts 25 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 293 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 339 total posts 20 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts