Poster for Kevin Smith's man-in-walrus-suit movie, TUSK!
Kevin Smith posted on his blog today, with a couple of tidbits.
One: he's as amused as anyone else at the idea that he wrote that leaked BATMAN V SUPERMAN script that circulated last week.
"No major studio would let a guy like me near their franchises – even if it was for a dummy script meant solely to fool the news sites."
Two: that he's had a near unrivaled period of output at a screenwriter.
"It all started with CLERKS III and was followed by me finishing nearly 5 scripts in a year, including the fall release TUSK. After TUSK, I penned ANTI-CLAUS (formerly COMES THE KRAMPUS) and a sitcom pilot that’s now seeing some action (both co-written with Professor Andy McElfresh from the EDUMACATION podcast). Then I wrote YOGA HOSERS and now I’m in the middle of MOOSE JAWS."
Three: that the trailer for TUSK will premiere at Comic-Con, and will appear online shortly thereafter.
And Four: the unveiling of the above poster, which can also be seen at the official site.
One thing he doesn't elaborate on is his quote from over the weekend that the Weinsteins passed on CLERKS III, balking at the sky-high, borderline irresponsible, bank-breaking $6 million(!!!!!!) budget, imploring Smith to basically monkey-dance for the money himself.
I like the design of the poster, with its old-timey horror imagery peppered up with the darkly comic walrus tusks. It's cool that the only tie to Smith on the poster is via his Twitter handle. Smith's brandname goes beyond the dick-and-fart jokes he was once known for, and beyond movies themselves at this point; the dude's got comic stores, TV shows, and crazy-successful podcasts (including the one that spawned this project), and that tag is another example of him tying his output into this mini-empire he's created.
Looking forward to seeing actual footage from this bizarre project in a couple weeks.
Who else is still really curious to see if Johnny Depp's actually in this mo-fo or not?
Expect TUSK on VOD and possibly theatrically this fall.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 700 total posts 77 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 409 total posts 43 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 363 total posts 28 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 44 total posts 27 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 211 total posts 21 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 366 total posts 19 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 21 total posts 13 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New STRAIN, MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No LEFTOVERS Finale!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 9 posts