Poster for Kevin Smith's man-in-walrus-suit movie, TUSK!
Kevin Smith posted on his blog today, with a couple of tidbits.
One: he's as amused as anyone else at the idea that he wrote that leaked BATMAN V SUPERMAN script that circulated last week.
"No major studio would let a guy like me near their franchises – even if it was for a dummy script meant solely to fool the news sites."
Two: that he's had a near unrivaled period of output at a screenwriter.
"It all started with CLERKS III and was followed by me finishing nearly 5 scripts in a year, including the fall release TUSK. After TUSK, I penned ANTI-CLAUS (formerly COMES THE KRAMPUS) and a sitcom pilot that’s now seeing some action (both co-written with Professor Andy McElfresh from the EDUMACATION podcast). Then I wrote YOGA HOSERS and now I’m in the middle of MOOSE JAWS."
Three: that the trailer for TUSK will premiere at Comic-Con, and will appear online shortly thereafter.
And Four: the unveiling of the above poster, which can also be seen at the official site.
One thing he doesn't elaborate on is his quote from over the weekend that the Weinsteins passed on CLERKS III, balking at the sky-high, borderline irresponsible, bank-breaking $6 million(!!!!!!) budget, imploring Smith to basically monkey-dance for the money himself.
I like the design of the poster, with its old-timey horror imagery peppered up with the darkly comic walrus tusks. It's cool that the only tie to Smith on the poster is via his Twitter handle. Smith's brandname goes beyond the dick-and-fart jokes he was once known for, and beyond movies themselves at this point; the dude's got comic stores, TV shows, and crazy-successful podcasts (including the one that spawned this project), and that tag is another example of him tying his output into this mini-empire he's created.
Looking forward to seeing actual footage from this bizarre project in a couple weeks.
Who else is still really curious to see if Johnny Depp's actually in this mo-fo or not?
Expect TUSK on VOD and possibly theatrically this fall.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 235 total posts 235 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 356 total posts 228 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 156 total posts 156 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 121 total posts 121 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 320 total posts 109 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 583 total posts 61 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 70 total posts 56 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 51 total posts 38 posts