Dwayne Johnson to kick ass in Robert Ludlum's THE JANSON DIRECTIVE!
Dwayne Johnson just wrapped FAST & FURIOUS 7, is in the middle of filming SAN ANDREAS, and is getting ready to jump onboard G.I. JOE 3, but he may have yet another project lined up.
Universal wants The Artist Formerly Known As The Rock to play the lead in their adaptation of Robert Ludlum's THE JANSON DIRECTIVE, one of the late author's last novels. He'd play Paul Janson, an expert, high-valued security consultant who gets framed for the murder of several members of government and is roped into an international conspiracy.
Uni's waiting to send out for writers and a director until they lock Rock down as part of their package, but if they land him I suspect he'll have a part to play in the choosing process. They want to shape this into a BOURNE-like franchise with Johnson (or whoever they're able to land) as headliner, which would give him his fourth(!!) currently-running big-budget film series.
I could see The Rock doing the Blackwater operative thing in his sleep, but the question is if he can pull off the sort of cerebral, introverted protagonist Ludlum usually writes. Johnson usually does well when he leaves his comfort zone (no one expected what we got from him in BE COOL and FAST FIVE), so I'm hoping this will be the higher-brow alternative to his bare-chested solo heroics as HERCULES.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 262 total posts 262 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 358 total posts 131 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 287 total posts 103 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 118 total posts 65 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 39 total posts 39 posts