After telling the story of Moses, Ridley Scott is going to bring DAVID to the big screen!
If one thing was proven this year at the box-office, it's that there is money to be made off of the stories in the good book.
SON OF GOD, HEAVEN IS FOR REAL, and NOAH made a ton of profit, and Ridley Scott's EXODUS is set for release this December. Still, Scott has already lined up his next biblical epic: DAVID, as in the one who killed Goliath an eventually became the first king of Israel.
Scott will produce and possibly direct, but DAVID is up against PROMETHEUS 2 and THE MARTIAN for Sir Ridley's attention. Still, Fox wants to invest huge bank in this, so don't be surprised if they pull a PROMETHEUS and pressure him into the driver's seat. They might be reluctant to even try and land a similarly big name, especially considering Paramount's headache when they went with "artist" Darren Aronofsky and had to battle with him in the editing bay.
David's story is indeed epic, and more fleshed out than the original story of NOAH, featuring his battle with the giant Goliath, his conquest over the philistines, and quelling he rebellion of his own son, Absalom. Scott could make an excellent, rip-roaring sword-and-sandals flick out of this, or he could go the super pious, religious route, but something tells me he'd opt for the former. The GLADIATOR version of this story writes itself, and Scott could (and hopefully will) shoot the hell out of it.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 501 total posts 115 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 257 total posts 79 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 209 total posts 64 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1494 total posts 51 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 52 total posts 42 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 733 total posts 42 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 73 total posts 40 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 172 total posts 27 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 66 total posts 25 posts