After telling the story of Moses, Ridley Scott is going to bring DAVID to the big screen!
If one thing was proven this year at the box-office, it's that there is money to be made off of the stories in the good book.
SON OF GOD, HEAVEN IS FOR REAL, and NOAH made a ton of profit, and Ridley Scott's EXODUS is set for release this December. Still, Scott has already lined up his next biblical epic: DAVID, as in the one who killed Goliath an eventually became the first king of Israel.
Scott will produce and possibly direct, but DAVID is up against PROMETHEUS 2 and THE MARTIAN for Sir Ridley's attention. Still, Fox wants to invest huge bank in this, so don't be surprised if they pull a PROMETHEUS and pressure him into the driver's seat. They might be reluctant to even try and land a similarly big name, especially considering Paramount's headache when they went with "artist" Darren Aronofsky and had to battle with him in the editing bay.
David's story is indeed epic, and more fleshed out than the original story of NOAH, featuring his battle with the giant Goliath, his conquest over the philistines, and quelling he rebellion of his own son, Absalom. Scott could make an excellent, rip-roaring sword-and-sandals flick out of this, or he could go the super pious, religious route, but something tells me he'd opt for the former. The GLADIATOR version of this story writes itself, and Scott could (and hopefully will) shoot the hell out of it.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 382 total posts 16 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 203 total posts 12 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 627 total posts 4 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 303 total posts 4 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 312 total posts 3 posts
- Two More BIG BROTHER Nominations!! The Return Of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!! MI6 On PBS!! FALLING SKIES Finale!! New MANHATTAN, MASTERS, NAKED, RAY, RECKLESS, BEACHFRONT, BREATHLESS, KARDASHIANS, WIPEOUT!! No STRAIN This Week!! No LEFTOVERS Finale Either!! Herc’s Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 2 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 97 total posts 2 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 1 total post 1 post