Will Ferrell To Reprise Eric Jonrosh For IFC Sequel THE SPOILS BEFORE DYING!!
No word on the “Spoils Before Dying” cast beyond Will Ferrell, but his “Spoils of Babylon” co-stars included Kristen Wiig, Molly Shannon, David Spade, Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins and Michael Sheen.
IFC ORDERS SECOND ‘SPOILS’ SAGA FROM LEGENDARY AUTEUR
The Spoils Before Dying to Premiere Summer 2015
Produced By Funny Or Die; Executive Produced By Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele & Nate Young
New York, NY – July 7, 2014 – Following the popularity and success of this year’s The Spoils of Babylon, IFC has ordered a second round of Funny Or Die’s epic storytelling from the “Spoils” franchise. The latest book-to-screen adaption from fictional literary author Eric Jonrosh is titled The Spoils Before Dying. The monumental television event will premiere in summer 2015 with six brand new episodes.
Author-director-writer Eric Jonrosh (played by Will Ferrell) will be returning as the wine loving bon vivant who opens and closes each riveting episode with his personal insight. A new all-star cast will round out the comedic miniseries. The Spoils Before Dying is executive produced by Ferrell, Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele and Nate Young. Steele and Piedmont return as writers, with Piedmont also directing.
The Spoils Before Dying, based on Jonrosh’s first best-selling novel, will take viewers into the seedy underbelly of the 1950s jazz scene, in a detective story positively buzzing with erotic charge. It follows a jazz-pianist turned private eye who becomes embroiled in a murder investigation that spins out of control and leads him down paths – romantic and otherwise – he never expected.
“With IFC’s renewed partnership with Funny or Die, Eric Jonrosh and his most-prized works will continue to entertain and enthrall audiences for generations to come,” said Jennifer Caserta, IFC’s president.
The Spoils executive producers share in IFC’s enthusiasm. Will Ferrell said, "Hang on to your hats America! This one’s going to be totally bonkers!”
Matt Piedmont chimed in that "television audiences haven't clamored this much for a second season since AfterM*A*S*H*.”
Andrew Steele said, "Eric Jonrosh is a drunk who urinated in my sink when he came to our house for dinner, but damn he writes great miniseries.”
Adam McKay concluded, "The first Spoils mini-series beat the NFL and Big Bang Theory in ratings (adults: ages 74-92) and changed the way Americans talk, think and prepare meat. We anticipate this new series from Jonrosh with Steele and Piedmont becoming the most watched television event in the history of earth."
Jonrosh first introduced television audiences to his storytelling brilliance with the masterful adaptation of his novel The Spoils of Babylon, a sweeping chronicle of the provocative and captivating exploits of the Morehouse family.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 275 total posts 275 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 245 total posts 244 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 233 total posts 233 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 217 total posts 217 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 180 total posts 180 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 212 total posts 127 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 120 total posts 76 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 358 total posts 63 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 75 total posts 63 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 222 total posts 58 posts