Kidnapping, defacation, and familiar faces in this HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 teaser!
This teaser for HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 makes a few things pretty clear in about a minute-and-a-half. One: every major (surviving) cast member is returning, including the three leads, two of the first film's bosses, and Jamie Foxx as unqualified criminal consultant Dean "Motherfucker" Jones (with his Disney-ass name)
Two: the plot this time around involves the three chaps kidnapping presumably horrible Christoph Waltz, running afoul of even more horrible son Chris Pine (check out that drawing-down shot at :42).
Three: that there's a chance this sequel is taking the HANGOVER: PART II route of replicating the original's jokes and narrative, and that there will be little here that's genuinely fresh or energetic. The genius and seemingly obvious notion of making the three leads the HORRIBLE BOSSES was apparently too lofty for a studio banking this film's success on its likable leads, so what we seem to be getting is mostly something of a rehash.
We don't see the guys really having that much fun in these short clips, and that big slo-mo gag at the end is kind of a fail. Jennifer Aniston's sexed-up shtick was almost tired by the time the first film hit theaters, and reheating it is obviously a crutch to entice pervy dudes back in the theater with promises of her slutting it up in choice lingerie. That "going to the bathroom" bit takes way too much shoe leather to get a to a punchline that flimsy.
Still, Waltz and Pine could be worthy additions, and maybe John Francis Daley and new director Sean Anders (in for Seth Gordon *sigh*) have enough good comic ideas and set-pieces to make this second go-around worthwhile. The three leads had a nice, easy chemistry the first time out, and I don't think it's a huge stretch to hope that they punched in some solid repartee once again.
But boy, I already miss Colin Farrell's character. A lot.
HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 be gettin' horrible once more on November 26th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 256 total posts 256 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 231 total posts 231 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 225 total posts 224 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 176 total posts 176 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 162 total posts 162 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 208 total posts 123 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 119 total posts 75 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 73 total posts 61 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 353 total posts 58 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 221 total posts 57 posts