Bad Photoshop once again rears its ugly head towards a major film's poster, this time it's THE GIVER!
Everything about this poster is awful.
From the groan-worthy, cornballer tagline (that could be applied to like 50% of all Hollywood movies) to the massive Photoshopped heads of Bridges and Streep to the fact that the poster says absolutely ZILCH about the film it's promoting, this is an obvious and seemingly desperate attempt by The Weinstein Company to reach the HUNGER GAMES/DIVERGENT crowd by any means necessary. You can't even tell this film takes place in the future, with the kid's shit-colored American Apparel tee and a look at the desert which doesn't come into play until the film's third act. This could be a sequel to THE HOST for all we know.
I'm a childhood fan of Lois Lowry's book, and it's hard to root against Philip Noyce, so I'm hoping for the best out of this project. But as Vitruvius would say, this poster is just…the worst.
THE GIVER feeds you new memories (hopefully good ones) on August 15th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 192 total posts 192 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 265 total posts 132 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 126 total posts 119 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 118 total posts 74 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 311 total posts 73 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 417 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- The Actor Who Played YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES To Play And Not Play Sherlock Holmes In A Movie About Old Sherlock Holmes!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 104 total posts 26 posts