Bad Photoshop once again rears its ugly head towards a major film's poster, this time it's THE GIVER!
Everything about this poster is awful.
From the groan-worthy, cornballer tagline (that could be applied to like 50% of all Hollywood movies) to the massive Photoshopped heads of Bridges and Streep to the fact that the poster says absolutely ZILCH about the film it's promoting, this is an obvious and seemingly desperate attempt by The Weinstein Company to reach the HUNGER GAMES/DIVERGENT crowd by any means necessary. You can't even tell this film takes place in the future, with the kid's shit-colored American Apparel tee and a look at the desert which doesn't come into play until the film's third act. This could be a sequel to THE HOST for all we know.
I'm a childhood fan of Lois Lowry's book, and it's hard to root against Philip Noyce, so I'm hoping for the best out of this project. But as Vitruvius would say, this poster is just…the worst.
THE GIVER feeds you new memories (hopefully good ones) on August 15th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 252 total posts 252 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 229 total posts 229 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 210 total posts 209 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 147 total posts 147 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 208 total posts 123 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 118 total posts 74 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 73 total posts 61 posts