Trailer for THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
If baseball was like this today, I might actually give a shit. As it stands, I have absolutely no interest in sports at all. But despite that, I am so excited to check out this documentary on the Portland Mavericks when it hits Netflix next month.
THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL chronicles the story of Bing Russell starting the first independent minor league baseball team back in 1973. The team proved to be a fan favorite, with its wild antics and its underdog style.
I'm a sucker for any story wherein the least likely loosers and misfits give the establishment the finger and do things on their own terms, and from the sound of it, Russell and his Mavericks did just that. This could be my kind of baseball.
Check out the trailer below. Papa Vinyard recently caught the film at the LA Film Fest. See what he had to say here.
What do you guys think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 713 total posts 22 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1464 total posts 21 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 405 total posts 19 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 194 total posts 16 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 157 total posts 12 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 154 total posts 9 posts
- Fox Networks Group Chairman Peter Rice: ‘I’d Love To See Another Season Of 24!!’ -- 136 total posts 5 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 37 total posts 4 posts
- AICN COMICS Q&@: Russ Sheath talks to artist Humberto Ramos about his new sketchbook MY MARVELS: Vol 2! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 13 total posts 3 posts