AMC Orders Season Two Of BETTER CALL SAUL!! Season One Delayed Till Next Year!!
The “Breaking Bad” spinoff just got a 13-episode second season – long before the first episode of season one airs.
AMC probably believes (correctly) that, no matter what, “Saul” is going to bring a bigger audience than another season of “Hell on Wheels” or “Halt and Catch Fire.”
As for when the series launches, AMC still has no specific date, but did slide the premiere date from November 2014 to “early 2015.”
Look! Press release!
AMC UPDATES ON “BETTER CALL SAUL”
NEW YORK, NY, June 19, 2014 – AMC today provided the first of several planned updates on the “Breaking Bad” prequel “Better Call Saul,” including the release of a first-look photo from the Albuquerque, New Mexico set where the widely-anticipated drama began production on its first 10-episode season earlier this month.
This update includes:
* “Breaking Bad” creator and showrunner Vince Gilligan is directing the “Better Call Saul” series premiere, and co-showrunning along with fellow “Breaking Bad” alum Peter Gould, creator of the Saul Goodman character.
* AMC confirmed it has already ordered a second season of 13 “Better Call Saul” episodes, for an initial total of 23.
* The network also announced a change of the series schedule with “Better Call Saul” premieres slated for early 2015 and early 2016, respectively. Specific dates will follow, but the show will join “The Walking Dead” and “Talking Dead,” two of television’s top-rated hits, on AMC in the first quarter of each of the next two years.
* The first-look photo shows Gilligan and Gould from the set, with star Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman).
“Production on ‘Better Call Saul’ is underway and we could not be more proud of nor more excited about the work to date. We join the fans in eager anticipation for this series and today we happily confirm that our initial ‘Saul’ order is for two seasons and a total of 23 episodes,” said AMC president Charlie Collier. “When introducing any series, especially one with the DNA of ‘Breaking Bad,’ there are countless factors to consider in making sure the show gets the launch it deserves. We have a strong history with Vince, Peter, Bob, the studio and so many involved with this production; we are enjoying the process on ‘Saul’ and all share a focus on making it a true television event. No half measures.”
In addition to Gilligan and Gould, several “Breaking Bad” writers have returned to work on “Saul,” including Thomas Schnauz and Gennifer Hutchison. Bradley Paul has also joined the writing team, along with Gordon Smith, who was a writers’ assistant on “Breaking Bad.” “Better Call Saul” is executive produced by Gilligan, Gould, Mark Johnson (“Breaking Bad,” “Diner,” “Rain Man”) and Melissa Bernstein (“Breaking Bad,” “Rectify,” “Halt and Catch Fire”) with “Breaking Bad” alums Stewart A. Lyons and Schnauz as co-executive producers for Sony Pictures Television.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 286 total posts 21 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 144 total posts 15 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 299 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 108 total posts 11 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 107 total posts 10 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 761 total posts 8 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 213 total posts 6 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 344 total posts 4 posts