AMC Orders Season Two Of BETTER CALL SAUL!! Season One Delayed Till Next Year!!
The “Breaking Bad” spinoff just got a 13-episode second season – long before the first episode of season one airs.
AMC probably believes (correctly) that, no matter what, “Saul” is going to bring a bigger audience than another season of “Hell on Wheels” or “Halt and Catch Fire.”
As for when the series launches, AMC still has no specific date, but did slide the premiere date from November 2014 to “early 2015.”
Look! Press release!
AMC UPDATES ON “BETTER CALL SAUL”
NEW YORK, NY, June 19, 2014 – AMC today provided the first of several planned updates on the “Breaking Bad” prequel “Better Call Saul,” including the release of a first-look photo from the Albuquerque, New Mexico set where the widely-anticipated drama began production on its first 10-episode season earlier this month.
This update includes:
* “Breaking Bad” creator and showrunner Vince Gilligan is directing the “Better Call Saul” series premiere, and co-showrunning along with fellow “Breaking Bad” alum Peter Gould, creator of the Saul Goodman character.
* AMC confirmed it has already ordered a second season of 13 “Better Call Saul” episodes, for an initial total of 23.
* The network also announced a change of the series schedule with “Better Call Saul” premieres slated for early 2015 and early 2016, respectively. Specific dates will follow, but the show will join “The Walking Dead” and “Talking Dead,” two of television’s top-rated hits, on AMC in the first quarter of each of the next two years.
* The first-look photo shows Gilligan and Gould from the set, with star Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman).
“Production on ‘Better Call Saul’ is underway and we could not be more proud of nor more excited about the work to date. We join the fans in eager anticipation for this series and today we happily confirm that our initial ‘Saul’ order is for two seasons and a total of 23 episodes,” said AMC president Charlie Collier. “When introducing any series, especially one with the DNA of ‘Breaking Bad,’ there are countless factors to consider in making sure the show gets the launch it deserves. We have a strong history with Vince, Peter, Bob, the studio and so many involved with this production; we are enjoying the process on ‘Saul’ and all share a focus on making it a true television event. No half measures.”
In addition to Gilligan and Gould, several “Breaking Bad” writers have returned to work on “Saul,” including Thomas Schnauz and Gennifer Hutchison. Bradley Paul has also joined the writing team, along with Gordon Smith, who was a writers’ assistant on “Breaking Bad.” “Better Call Saul” is executive produced by Gilligan, Gould, Mark Johnson (“Breaking Bad,” “Diner,” “Rain Man”) and Melissa Bernstein (“Breaking Bad,” “Rectify,” “Halt and Catch Fire”) with “Breaking Bad” alums Stewart A. Lyons and Schnauz as co-executive producers for Sony Pictures Television.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 219 total posts 63 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 53 total posts 11 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 44 total posts 7 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 32 total posts 6 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Just How Conjoined Is Sarah Paulson In AHS FREAK SHOW?? See For Yourself!! -- 72 total posts 4 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 89 total posts 3 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 273 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 188 total posts 2 posts