ALMOST FAMOUS: THE SERIES?? Cameron Crowe & J.J. Abrams Organizing Potential Rock & Roll Tour Dramedy For Showtime!!
“Almost Famous” director-screenwriter Cameron Crowe wrote the pilot for “Roadies,” a project just ordered to pilot at Showtime that will depict a successful rock tour from the perspective of those who help mount it.
Should the project – from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot (“Person of Interest,” “Alcatraz,” “Revolution,” “Almost Human,” “Believe”) go to series, Winnie Holtzman, creator of the acclaimed “My So-Called Life,” will serve as showrunner.
Holtzman’s involvement is pretty awesome in itself. Her other credits include “Thirtysomething” and “Once And Again” (both from the Herskovitz/Zwick combine) and the ABC Family fat-camp hourlong “Huge.”
Meanwhile, Terence Winter (“The Sopranos,” “Boardwalk Empire”), Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger have a rival music industry project for HBO, set in the “Almost Famous” 1970s.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 467 total posts 7 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 83 total posts 7 posts
- ‘Here, Baby Baby!!’ WALKING DEAD Walking Schmed!! Syfy Releases Promo For Z NATION!! -- 18 total posts 1 post
- Capone has details on and the full line-up for a new Chicago-area horror film festival presented by Mr. Bruce Campbell!!! -- 22 total posts 1 post
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 299 total posts 1 post