Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to a one-time screening of FILTH with author Irvine Welsh Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
The subversive new film FILTH, based on the novel by Irvine Welsh (TRAINSPOTTING, THE ACID HOUSE) and starring James McAvoy, Jamie Bell, Eddie Marsan, Imogen Poots and Jim Broadbest, has been making its way to art houses these last couple of weeks, but it never got a proper theatrical release in Chicago. But this Friday, June 20, for one showing only at the Music Box Theatre (3733 N. Southport Ave., Chicago), FILTH will be screening at 6:30pm, followed by a Q&A with author Irvine Welsh, and I’ve got a few tickets to give away if you’re interested.
The film is an exercise in the depraved life and career of Police Det. Sgt. Bruce Robertson, and the way that drugs, paranoia and perverse sex nearly destroy his life, even as he attempts to solve a major crime and get a big promotion in the process. It’s not an easy watch, but it is thrilling and features McAvoy’s single best performance, in my opinion. Here’s how to get seats to this one-time-only event:
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at FilthChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line “Filthy Lad" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: “Tell me your best dirty joke.” Keep the racism to yourself, but all else if fair game, I guess. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best jokes win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email!
This is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, but winners' tickets will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:15pm), at which time any unclaimed tickets will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Magnolia Pictures and the Music Box Theatre for giving us this very cool screening and bringing this great guest to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 438 total posts 52 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 225 total posts 47 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1479 total posts 36 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 179 total posts 34 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 723 total posts 32 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 22 total posts 12 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 157 total posts 12 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 41 total posts 8 posts
- AICN COMICS Q&@: Russ Sheath talks to artist Humberto Ramos about his new sketchbook MY MARVELS: Vol 2! -- 8 total posts 8 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 49 total posts 8 posts