Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to a one-time screening of FILTH with author Irvine Welsh Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
The subversive new film FILTH, based on the novel by Irvine Welsh (TRAINSPOTTING, THE ACID HOUSE) and starring James McAvoy, Jamie Bell, Eddie Marsan, Imogen Poots and Jim Broadbest, has been making its way to art houses these last couple of weeks, but it never got a proper theatrical release in Chicago. But this Friday, June 20, for one showing only at the Music Box Theatre (3733 N. Southport Ave., Chicago), FILTH will be screening at 6:30pm, followed by a Q&A with author Irvine Welsh, and I’ve got a few tickets to give away if you’re interested.
The film is an exercise in the depraved life and career of Police Det. Sgt. Bruce Robertson, and the way that drugs, paranoia and perverse sex nearly destroy his life, even as he attempts to solve a major crime and get a big promotion in the process. It’s not an easy watch, but it is thrilling and features McAvoy’s single best performance, in my opinion. Here’s how to get seats to this one-time-only event:
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at FilthChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line “Filthy Lad" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: “Tell me your best dirty joke.” Keep the racism to yourself, but all else if fair game, I guess. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best jokes win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email!
This is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, but winners' tickets will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:15pm), at which time any unclaimed tickets will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Magnolia Pictures and the Music Box Theatre for giving us this very cool screening and bringing this great guest to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 222 total posts 67 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 162 total posts 48 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 113 total posts 29 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 58 total posts 27 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 131 total posts 21 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 63 total posts 20 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 101 total posts 19 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1771 total posts 18 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 32 total posts 15 posts