Live in Chicago? Capone has seats to a one-time screening of FILTH with author Irvine Welsh Q&A!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
The subversive new film FILTH, based on the novel by Irvine Welsh (TRAINSPOTTING, THE ACID HOUSE) and starring James McAvoy, Jamie Bell, Eddie Marsan, Imogen Poots and Jim Broadbest, has been making its way to art houses these last couple of weeks, but it never got a proper theatrical release in Chicago. But this Friday, June 20, for one showing only at the Music Box Theatre (3733 N. Southport Ave., Chicago), FILTH will be screening at 6:30pm, followed by a Q&A with author Irvine Welsh, and I’ve got a few tickets to give away if you’re interested.
The film is an exercise in the depraved life and career of Police Det. Sgt. Bruce Robertson, and the way that drugs, paranoia and perverse sex nearly destroy his life, even as he attempts to solve a major crime and get a big promotion in the process. It’s not an easy watch, but it is thrilling and features McAvoy’s single best performance, in my opinion. Here’s how to get seats to this one-time-only event:
To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at FilthChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line “Filthy Lad" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: “Tell me your best dirty joke.” Keep the racism to yourself, but all else if fair game, I guess. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best jokes win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email!
This is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, but winners' tickets will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:15pm), at which time any unclaimed tickets will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Magnolia Pictures and the Music Box Theatre for giving us this very cool screening and bringing this great guest to Chicago.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 439 total posts 438 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 249 total posts 153 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 179 total posts 51 posts
- Copernicus explores The Science of Star Wars! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Will Ferrell to play Russ Meyer in RUSS & ROGER GO BEYOND! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 298 total posts 36 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 461 total posts 32 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 119 total posts 23 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 310 total posts 23 posts