Trailer for TURTLE POWER - A Nostalgic Documentary on the Legacy of the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!
Hey guyst! Horrorella here...
It was impossible to have grown up in the '90's and have not been aware of the tidalwave of pop culture that was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. What started as a small indie comic created by Kevin Easton and Peter Laird exploded into an absolute frenzy. An animated series, toys, action figures and every other piece of merchandise in the book made these characters a cornerstone of childhood for millions of people.
My brother was absolutely psychotic for them. I would never have admitted it at the time, but I thought they were pretty badass too (until I got hit in the face with a plastic nunchuck or a flying plastic pizza - that shit hurt!). But I would watch the cartoon every Saturday morning and play with the action figures right alongside him, and loved every second of it.
And while they are all set to hit the big screen in a new feature later this summer, this is the film that many fans will undoubtedly be clammorning for.
TURTLE POWER is a documentary that focuses on the heyday of everyone's favorite pizza-munching mutants. While the turtles have been around in various incarnations for 30 yearks (yikes), this film looks to be focusing on the glory days we all remember with affection.
Go behind-the-scenes and beneath the streets to discover the real origin story of four of pop culture’s most enduring heroes in the captivating new film TURTLE POWER: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, debuting on DVD, VOD and Digital HD August 12, 2014 from Paramount Home Media Distribution. Written and directed by Randall Lobb, the film chronicles the birth of a franchise and reveals the remarkable journey of four of the most unlikely super heroes of all time. Celebrate the 30th anniversary of Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael with this must-see documentary and the August 8th theatrical debut of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles starring Megan Fox and Will Arnett.
In the spring of 1984, a strange new comic book sat beside cash registers in select shops, too big to fit in the racks, and too weird to ignore. Eastman and Laird’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles presented a completely original breed of super hero. It was too bizarre, too crazy. It broke all the rules and should never have worked. Until it sold out. Again and again and again. For 30 years. Now, peek under the shell and see how this so-called “happy accident” defied every naysayer to become one of the most popular and beloved franchises in the world.
This little piece of nostalgia is going to be something that every fan and collector will want to watch. It hits DVD and VOD on August 12th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 155 total posts 56 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 287 total posts 42 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 73 total posts 37 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 164 total posts 26 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 180 total posts 19 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 140 total posts 17 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 370 total posts 14 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 43 total posts 14 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 27 total posts 11 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 44 total posts 6 posts