THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL Gets a Poster and a Netflix Release Date!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Despite not really being athletic or remotely into sports, I couldn't help but find myself interested in a little documentary called THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL when it played at Sundance.
The film is the story of the Portland Mavericks, an independent minor league baseball team that was created by Bing Russell (the legendary Kurt Russell's father), back in the 1970's. Apparently, Russell and his team were pretty damn rebellious, sticking it to the MBA and becoming a fan favorite by creating and running a team on their own terms..
The doc and the story it tells were so well-received that Justin Lin is set to produce a narrative feature based on the Mavericks' story, to be directed by Todd Field.
THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL is set to premiere on Netflix on July 11th, and a poster has been released to mark the occasion.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 66 total posts 30 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 272 total posts 27 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 119 total posts 20 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 135 total posts 12 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 38 total posts 9 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 364 total posts 8 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 169 total posts 8 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 22 total posts 6 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 144 total posts 6 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 42 total posts 4 posts