THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL Gets a Poster and a Netflix Release Date!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Despite not really being athletic or remotely into sports, I couldn't help but find myself interested in a little documentary called THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL when it played at Sundance.
The film is the story of the Portland Mavericks, an independent minor league baseball team that was created by Bing Russell (the legendary Kurt Russell's father), back in the 1970's. Apparently, Russell and his team were pretty damn rebellious, sticking it to the MBA and becoming a fan favorite by creating and running a team on their own terms..
The doc and the story it tells were so well-received that Justin Lin is set to produce a narrative feature based on the Mavericks' story, to be directed by Todd Field.
THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL is set to premiere on Netflix on July 11th, and a poster has been released to mark the occasion.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 524 total posts 138 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 306 total posts 128 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 78 total posts 78 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1494 total posts 51 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 82 total posts 49 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 57 total posts 47 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 189 total posts 44 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 734 total posts 43 posts