THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL Gets a Poster and a Netflix Release Date!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Despite not really being athletic or remotely into sports, I couldn't help but find myself interested in a little documentary called THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL when it played at Sundance.
The film is the story of the Portland Mavericks, an independent minor league baseball team that was created by Bing Russell (the legendary Kurt Russell's father), back in the 1970's. Apparently, Russell and his team were pretty damn rebellious, sticking it to the MBA and becoming a fan favorite by creating and running a team on their own terms..
The doc and the story it tells were so well-received that Justin Lin is set to produce a narrative feature based on the Mavericks' story, to be directed by Todd Field.
THE BATTERED BASTARDS OF BASEBALL is set to premiere on Netflix on July 11th, and a poster has been released to mark the occasion.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 389 total posts 389 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 269 total posts 269 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 195 total posts 195 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 163 total posts 163 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 300 total posts 145 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 226 total posts 111 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 86 total posts 55 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1805 total posts 52 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 134 total posts 52 posts