The folks at Rooster Teeth are making a sci-fi comedy called LAZER TEAM and you can help!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The rise of Rooster Teeth has been incredible to watch over the last decade. From their early days of fucking around with Halo and creating one of the first machinima phenomenons in Red Vs Blue to the mini-empire they've built in Austin.
I've known Burnie and the gang there since the early days, so I've had a front row seat to much of their success. It's not secret that back in our not very successful attempt at video game coverage here at AICN we had a passionate guy named Jack Patillo that did a ton of work for us under the name Monki who ended up over at RT where he started a little thing called Achievement Hunter.
I can tell you from first-hand experience that these guys are the real deal, the rare creative team with a keen business sense and I can't wait to see them jump into the feature film game with their new project: Lazer Team, a sci-fi comedy that takes place a couple decades after we receive an alien message that... gosh darn it... we just don't seem to be able to translate.
They're crowdsourcing the budget and have the full breakdown of where the money is going, what they're using it for and even offer up a whole host of fantastic perks for doners.
Here's Burnie to appeal to you directly:
So, if you're a fan (and really who isn't) why not go ahead and pre-order their flick to help them actually make it?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 262 total posts 262 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 358 total posts 131 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 287 total posts 103 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 118 total posts 65 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 39 total posts 39 posts