The folks at Rooster Teeth are making a sci-fi comedy called LAZER TEAM and you can help!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The rise of Rooster Teeth has been incredible to watch over the last decade. From their early days of fucking around with Halo and creating one of the first machinima phenomenons in Red Vs Blue to the mini-empire they've built in Austin.
I've known Burnie and the gang there since the early days, so I've had a front row seat to much of their success. It's not secret that back in our not very successful attempt at video game coverage here at AICN we had a passionate guy named Jack Patillo that did a ton of work for us under the name Monki who ended up over at RT where he started a little thing called Achievement Hunter.
I can tell you from first-hand experience that these guys are the real deal, the rare creative team with a keen business sense and I can't wait to see them jump into the feature film game with their new project: Lazer Team, a sci-fi comedy that takes place a couple decades after we receive an alien message that... gosh darn it... we just don't seem to be able to translate.
They're crowdsourcing the budget and have the full breakdown of where the money is going, what they're using it for and even offer up a whole host of fantastic perks for doners.
Here's Burnie to appeal to you directly:
So, if you're a fan (and really who isn't) why not go ahead and pre-order their flick to help them actually make it?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 84 total posts 84 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 286 total posts 21 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 144 total posts 15 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 299 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 108 total posts 11 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 107 total posts 10 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 761 total posts 8 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 213 total posts 6 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 344 total posts 4 posts