Arsenio Hall’s new talk show won’t be back next autumn, but at least he outlasted Jay Leno this time around!
The cancellation is particularly newsworthy because CBS’ syndication arm announced in February that the chat fest would be back for a second season.
In the key 18-49 demo, Hall’s show has been pulling 0.3s, which is roughly what Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor” and E!’s just-cancelled “Chelsea Lately” pull. TBS’ “Conan,” renewed through 2018, tends to hover around 0.4. Letterman is pulling 0.5. Kimmel 0.6. Seth Meyers 0.6. Fallon is pulling north of 1.2. SNL, the true king of late night, fluctuated between 1.8 and a couple of 3.0s this past season.
As ratings plummeted, affiliates began giving “Aresenio” later, less desirable timeslots.
The first syndicated “Arsenio Hall Show” ran five long years, from 1989 to 1994.
Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts