Looks Like We're Getting A CLIFFHANGER Remake...
Renny Harlin's CLIFFHANGER wasn't a particularly huge hit when released theatrically in May of 1993, but it's become something of a cable mainstay over the years, so I guess it's remake fodder. According to Deadline, producer Neal Moritz and StudioCanal are moving forward on a new version of the mountain climbing thriller that briefly got Sylvester Stallone's career back on track after a series of missteps (ROCKY V, OSCAR and STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT). Up-and-coming screenwriter Joe Gazzam will take first crack at the script.
I've always enjoyed CLIFFHANGER as a solid, stunt-heavy action flick (the crazy plane-to-plane transfer in the first act is practical), but it could never live up to its original theatrical trailer, which is still one of the best pieces of movie marketing I've ever seen.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 252 total posts 252 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 229 total posts 229 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 210 total posts 209 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 148 total posts 148 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 147 total posts 147 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 208 total posts 123 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 118 total posts 74 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 73 total posts 61 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 352 total posts 57 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 221 total posts 57 posts