Is Tarantino going to shoot THE HATEFUL EIGHT this November with his stellar live-read cast?!
At the HATEFUL EIGHT live-read that Quentin Tarantino conducted last month (which I was lucky enough to attend), QT made it clear that it wasn't the last we'd hear of his intense western. The cast read the first draft, which Tarantino assured would be followed by "a second draft, and a third draft," and so on, assuring us that the legendary writer/director wasn't through with this project by a damn sight (as Marcellus would say). However, he gave no word as to whether this was the next project on his plate, or whether he'd cool his heels for a tick and work on something unrelated first, as his first announcement of the film's cancellation seemed to indicate.
But if this is true, and Tarantino is indeed getting ready to shoot the film this November, then he's going back to his original plan to film it this coming winter, and has gotten over his anger towards CAA and Gawker for leaking his first draft online. This rumor purports that the entire cast of the live-read, from Kurt Russell and Bruce Dern all the way down to Denis Mencochet and James Parks, will return to their respective roles for the feature, which will allegedly be shot in Wyoming.
When I saw the live-read, I was adamant that the project is all-but-ready to go, in terms of both casting and script. Though Tarantino insisted changes would be made, and that the final chapter would be radically changed (and, to be fair, it is somewhat abrupt), the read had more of the feel of an actual, ready-to-go project than some sort of one-off experiment. The cast he assembled was already perfect, slipping into their roles effortlessly with only about a week of rehearsal time, and the biggest names would be right at home on a cinema marquee or above-the-title on a poster. In my write-up, I prayed that if/when Tarantino finally gets the production of THE HATEFUL EIGHT up and running, that he'd be able to lock down the entire cast that read the script aloud for our captive audience last month. That, more than anything else, makes me hope that this rumor turns out to be true.
In fact, let's all pray together that this pans out; even if you don't know it yet, you really want to see Russell, Dern, Michael Madsen, Samuel L., Walton Goggins, and Tim Roth as these characters. Trust me.
If Tarantino gets HATEFUL EIGHT in front of cameras by November, I'd expect to see it in theaters around Christmas 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 197 total posts 197 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 125 total posts 125 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 121 total posts 121 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 217 total posts 76 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 392 total posts 65 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 105 total posts 56 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 205 total posts 47 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 43 total posts 43 posts