This Week's SATURDAY SHORTS: Dada; Parasites; and Boobs Galore!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, Muldoon here with this week's selection of interesting films. "Muldoon! It's Sunday, so what's up with the late post? Calender broken?" Well... first off - it's nearly impossible to break a calender, (just doesn't make sense!) but yesterday I was out in the middle of Nowhere, Texas and with not a single wifi signal around. Welp, we've got a fun mix of random today for you, so I hope you ladies and gents have an open mind. We've got a semi-doc, a few comedies, and a whole lot of "what the hell is this? I like it, but I don't quite understand what I'm seeing here." So enough chit-chat, let's get on to the shorts!
Go grab yourself some popcorn, lock your kids in a closet, kill the lights, relax and check out this little weekly film fest we've got ourselves here:
Let's kick things off right with a fun little trailer from Shawn Green and company. Their goal is to eventually expand this trailer into a feature, so if you like what you see - perhaps go check out their website! I'll admit, I almost immediately wrote the thing off (The GRINDHOUSE trailer competition from years back has me a tad jaded with retro-style fresh trailers), but I stayed in there and was pleasently rewarded. Would I watch a feature based on this trailer? Yep.
From Leland Douglas, we get this 9 minute dark comedy centered around a one night stand. (Not one night stand.) "Tough guy Harry wakes up in the bed of a beautiful, innocent woman named Sophie who has grown attached to him after what was supposed to be a one-night stand. Now Harry’s gotta be on his way - he’s got an important job to handle on a tight deadline - but Sophie insists on spending the day with him. His heart melted by her callow and guileless beauty, Harry reluctantly agrees to take Sophie along on his errand, and having her along for the ride changes everything."
CENTRAL PARK STORIES: THAT GUITAR MAN
Here we go with another Central Park mini-doc from Benjamin Gross. This time we get to see a little slice of life from an interesting guitar man.
ASK AN ASTRONOMY BRAIN PARASITE
Down for some scientific knowledge? Good! Tim Pyle, from NASA*, actually created this fun video that's informal and funny.
And here we have B.C. Jones to take us away with our last short of the week. This short is genuinely absurd, very much intentionally so. Jones hits a bullseye with his love letter to Dada and really has fun with it.
Bam! Explosions of amazing, right? Well if you didn't see something you liked this week - beleive me, next week will blow your face off (in the bet way possible.) I'm all about screening random, seemingly unorganized lineups of shorts - as long as they're interesting! So I'll see you fine folks in a week (technically 6 days...) from now with a brand new selection!
If you have a short and think it belongs here or are on the fence about whether to send it in, please do send it in - I'd love to see what you've put together. I've already seen hundreds of fresh new filmmakers' shorts and like any good addict, I need more!
Shoot me an email at "Mike@aintitcool.com"
In the subject line include:
“SHORTS” + “Your film’s name” + “The film’s genre”
Then, in the body of the email, please include a synopsis of the film and any contact information you might think I need or would want published. The more info you send my way, the more info there is to put with your short.
Please don’t feel the need to submit multiple times.
Remember, the filmmakers might still be in the audience, so feel free to share your thoughts in Talkbacks below. (JUST DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE). I picked them, so you know I think highly of all of these, but how about you fine folks? How'd you like 'em?
BY THE WAY: If you've had a short featured here, that means that I personally am a fan of your work, so feel free to shoot me any kind of news on new projects/films/whatever. I can't say I'll be able to help or in what capacity, but I'm interested in your work and am always down to see more! (Keep making cool stuff, everyone!)
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 459 total posts 299 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 234 total posts 193 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 190 total posts 104 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 62 total posts 25 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 306 total posts 24 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 49 total posts 23 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 292 total posts 22 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 195 total posts 9 posts