Watch the return of JACKIE BROWN's Ordell Robbie, Louis Gara, and Melanie in this trailer for LIFE OF CRIME!
The JACKIE BROWN pseudo-prequel, LIFE OF CRIME (formerly THE SWITCH), now has a trailer that allows us to see Mos Def (billed as Yasiin Bay) and John Hawkes in action as the characters formerly played by Samuel L. Jackson and Robert De Niro. Also, somehow I hadn't heard this, but it seems that Isla Fisher is indeed playing a younger version of Melanie Ralston, Bridget Fonda's "blonde little surfer gal" from Tarantino's movie (despite Fisher being a few years older than Fonda was when she played the part). Will a young, African-American flight attendant make an appearance somewhere (or, at least, a fast-talking young black kid with a vaguely Chris Tucker-esque high-pitched whine)?
The reviews out of Toronto were positive, with Variety describing it as "a fitting tribute to Elmore Leonard" (who, of course, wrote the source material for both films), and it certainly seems like one of the better Leonard adaptations. The dialogue's snappy, the tone is comic but not absurd, and the characters are interesting...well, fuck-ups.
And what a cast! On top of Mos, Hawkes, and Fisher (all of whom look terrific, even if Fisher is veering very close to her character in GREAT GATSBY), you got Tim Robbing, Will Forte, Mark Boone Junior, and Jennifer Aniston all kidnapped and shrouded up and desperate.
Can't wait to catch this for myself, and see whether it's an OUT OF SIGHT/GET SHORTY/MR. MAJESTYK, a KILLSHOT/52 PICK-UP, or (heaven forbid) a BE COOL/THE BIG BOUNCE (the remake).
LIFE OF CRIME is liable to steal your wife on August 29th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts