‘I Have Only Loved One Woman!!’ Tonight Brings The Mountainous Final THRONES Till June!!
* We got our first glimpse of the magnificent eastern port city of Braavos (home of Arya’s late, lamented fencing instructor) as The Amazing Knight Of Onions convinced the Iron Bank to back Stannis Baratheon over Tywin Lannister (who despite his family’s motto has not been especially speedy about paying his debts).
* The Bastard of Bolton told his loyal pet Reek to impersonate the prince of the Iron Islands, presumably to smoke out Eddard Stark’s heir. (Ramsey Snow asks a lot!)
* The Mother of Dragons reimbursed a goatherd, allowed the son of a crucifixion opponent to bury his ironically nailed-up pop, and learned there were already 212 more supplicants lined up outside.
* The Small Council, now featuring Oberyn Martell and Olenna’s son (and Margaery’s dad) Mace Tyrell, learned what The Stormborn and The Hound have been up to.
* The Red Viper, offering a night of gay fun, was surprised to discover Varys never liked boys.
* Tywin agreed quickly to a proposal from Jaime that Tywin apparently long anticipated.
* Tyrion went on trial (again) and opted for trial by combat (again). The trial reminded a little of the “Seinfeld” finale, with loads of testimony from all the people Tyrion angered over the series’ run. It may also have been funnier than the “Seinfeld” finale, with Tyrion offering a great line about blaming pigeons.
HBO says of tonight’s “Mockingbird”:
Tyrion enlists an unlikely ally. Daario (Michiel Huisman) entreats Dany to allow him to do what he does best. Jon’s warnings about the Wall’s vulnerability fall on deaf ears. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) follows a new lead on the road with Pod (Daniel Portman). Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 267 total posts 39 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 78 total posts 25 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 207 total posts 22 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 268 total posts 21 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 240 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint reports in on the panel of The Giver! Footage! Jeff Bridges Q&A! -- 14 total posts 5 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 280 total posts 5 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 31 total posts 4 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 12 total posts 3 posts