NBC Orders To Series CONSTANTINE, From GHOST RIDER/MAN OF STEEL Screenwriter David Goyer!!
One of my favorite comic-book characters, Alan Moore’s John Constantine, is coming to the small screen via my least-favorite superhero screenwriter, David Goyer (all three “Blade” movies, both “Ghost Rider” movies and “Man of Steel”).
Constantine, in the comics a Britisher who knows his way around the supernatural, has already been depicted on the big screen via the terrible 2005 Keanu Reeves vehicle “Constantine.”
The character looks like Police frontman Sting in the comics, and the NBC series will at least depict Constantine (usually brunette "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior" regular Matt Ryan) with his trademark blonde locks.
If you want to learn why I love John Constantine, seek out his 1985 introduction, which began in The Saga of The Swamp Thing #37, scripted by the amazing Alan Moore.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 349 total posts 349 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 239 total posts 239 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 186 total posts 186 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 161 total posts 161 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 299 total posts 144 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 223 total posts 108 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1805 total posts 52 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 134 total posts 52 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 80 total posts 49 posts