NBC Orders To Series CONSTANTINE, From GHOST RIDER/MAN OF STEEL Screenwriter David Goyer!!
One of my favorite comic-book characters, Alan Moore’s John Constantine, is coming to the small screen via my least-favorite superhero screenwriter, David Goyer (all three “Blade” movies, both “Ghost Rider” movies and “Man of Steel”).
Constantine, in the comics a Britisher who knows his way around the supernatural, has already been depicted on the big screen via the terrible 2005 Keanu Reeves vehicle “Constantine.”
The character looks like Police frontman Sting in the comics, and the NBC series will at least depict Constantine (usually brunette "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior" regular Matt Ryan) with his trademark blonde locks.
If you want to learn why I love John Constantine, seek out his 1985 introduction, which began in The Saga of The Swamp Thing #37, scripted by the amazing Alan Moore.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 109 total posts 25 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 180 total posts 16 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 308 total posts 13 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 55 total posts 13 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 185 total posts 10 posts
- Latino Review’s El Mayimbe aka Umberto Gonzalez is set to direct the digital actioner, BREAKNECK! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Trailer for OUT OF PRINT, a documentary about the New Beverly Theater and the importance of preserving 35mm exhibition! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 18 total posts 8 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 68 total posts 7 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 389 total posts 6 posts