THE TOMORROW PEOPLE
THE CARRIE DIARIES
CW Orders To Series New Zombie Hourlong From VERONICA MARS Mastermind Rob Thomas, Plus Superhero Reboot THE FLASH, Sci-Fi Drama THE MESSENGERS, And Pregnancy Drama JANE THE VIRGIN!!
CW Renews Low-Rated Dramas BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, THE 100 & HEART OF DIXIE!!
The CW announces its fall schedule one week from today and the last of its shows have just slid off the bubble.
“Tomorrow People,” “Star-Crossed” and “Carrie Diaries” have been cancelled.
CW shows returning next season now include the incredibly low-rated “Beauty and the Beast,” “Heart of Dixie” and “The 100.” They join already-renewed “The Vampire Diaries,” “The Originals,” “Supernatural,” “Arrow” and “Reign.”
In addition, four new show have been given series orders, including at least two based on DC comics:
“iZombie” - From writer-producer Rob Thomas (“Cupid,” “Veronica Mars,” “Party Down”). A med student-turned-zombie takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
“The Flash” - From writer-producer Greg Belanti (“Dawson’s Creek,” “No Ordinary Family,” “Green Lantern,” “Arrow”). Barry Allen is a Central City assistant police forensics investigator transformed by a lab accident into the fastest man alive.
“Jane The Virgin” – From writer-producer Jennie Snyder Urman (“90210,” “Emily Owens MD”). A series of surprising and unforeseen events causes a hard-working, religious young Latina to be accidentally artificially inseminated. Adapted from a Venezuelan telenovela.
“The Messengers” – From writer-producer Eoghan O’Donnell (“Teen Wolf”). When a mysterious object crashes down to Earth, a group of seemingly unconnected strangers dies from the energy pulse. But then they awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending apocalypse.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 191 total posts 91 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 184 total posts 47 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 122 total posts 31 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 84 total posts 28 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 23 total posts 23 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 432 total posts 21 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 206 total posts 11 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 37 total posts 9 posts
- The Premiere Of TIM & ERIC’s BEDTIME STORIES!! New GARFUNKEL, HAVEN & LOSER!! HONORABLE, RUSH, WORST, NAKED, MARRIED & SATISFACTION Finales!! The Return Of BREAKING AMISH!! Terry Gilliam On COLBERT!! Carmen Lynch On CRAIG!! Julianna & Viggo On SETH!! Ali Wong @MIDNIGHT!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 11 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts