THE TOMORROW PEOPLE
THE CARRIE DIARIES
CW Orders To Series New Zombie Hourlong From VERONICA MARS Mastermind Rob Thomas, Plus Superhero Reboot THE FLASH, Sci-Fi Drama THE MESSENGERS, And Pregnancy Drama JANE THE VIRGIN!!
CW Renews Low-Rated Dramas BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, THE 100 & HEART OF DIXIE!!
The CW announces its fall schedule one week from today and the last of its shows have just slid off the bubble.
“Tomorrow People,” “Star-Crossed” and “Carrie Diaries” have been cancelled.
CW shows returning next season now include the incredibly low-rated “Beauty and the Beast,” “Heart of Dixie” and “The 100.” They join already-renewed “The Vampire Diaries,” “The Originals,” “Supernatural,” “Arrow” and “Reign.”
In addition, four new show have been given series orders, including at least two based on DC comics:
“iZombie” - From writer-producer Rob Thomas (“Cupid,” “Veronica Mars,” “Party Down”). A med student-turned-zombie takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
“The Flash” - From writer-producer Greg Belanti (“Dawson’s Creek,” “No Ordinary Family,” “Green Lantern,” “Arrow”). Barry Allen is a Central City assistant police forensics investigator transformed by a lab accident into the fastest man alive.
“Jane The Virgin” – From writer-producer Jennie Snyder Urman (“90210,” “Emily Owens MD”). A series of surprising and unforeseen events causes a hard-working, religious young Latina to be accidentally artificially inseminated. Adapted from a Venezuelan telenovela.
“The Messengers” – From writer-producer Eoghan O’Donnell (“Teen Wolf”). When a mysterious object crashes down to Earth, a group of seemingly unconnected strangers dies from the energy pulse. But then they awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending apocalypse.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 331 total posts 173 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 107 total posts 58 posts