THE TOMORROW PEOPLE
THE CARRIE DIARIES
CW Orders To Series New Zombie Hourlong From VERONICA MARS Mastermind Rob Thomas, Plus Superhero Reboot THE FLASH, Sci-Fi Drama THE MESSENGERS, And Pregnancy Drama JANE THE VIRGIN!!
CW Renews Low-Rated Dramas BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, THE 100 & HEART OF DIXIE!!
The CW announces its fall schedule one week from today and the last of its shows have just slid off the bubble.
“Tomorrow People,” “Star-Crossed” and “Carrie Diaries” have been cancelled.
CW shows returning next season now include the incredibly low-rated “Beauty and the Beast,” “Heart of Dixie” and “The 100.” They join already-renewed “The Vampire Diaries,” “The Originals,” “Supernatural,” “Arrow” and “Reign.”
In addition, four new show have been given series orders, including at least two based on DC comics:
“iZombie” - From writer-producer Rob Thomas (“Cupid,” “Veronica Mars,” “Party Down”). A med student-turned-zombie takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity, but with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
“The Flash” - From writer-producer Greg Belanti (“Dawson’s Creek,” “No Ordinary Family,” “Green Lantern,” “Arrow”). Barry Allen is a Central City assistant police forensics investigator transformed by a lab accident into the fastest man alive.
“Jane The Virgin” – From writer-producer Jennie Snyder Urman (“90210,” “Emily Owens MD”). A series of surprising and unforeseen events causes a hard-working, religious young Latina to be accidentally artificially inseminated. Adapted from a Venezuelan telenovela.
“The Messengers” – From writer-producer Eoghan O’Donnell (“Teen Wolf”). When a mysterious object crashes down to Earth, a group of seemingly unconnected strangers dies from the energy pulse. But then they awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending apocalypse.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 234 total posts 101 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 104 total posts 97 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 100 total posts 56 posts
- Evangeline Lilly Instagrams Her ANT-MAN Look!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 401 total posts 50 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 284 total posts 46 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 102 total posts 24 posts
- Behold The Probably Offensive But Kinda Cool DEAD SNOW 2 Poster!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 35 total posts 10 posts