Details, Poster, And A Trailer For The Dance Music Doc UNDER THE ELECTRIC SKY!! + How To Bring The Film To Your Area!!
Here’s an interesting trailer for UNDER THE ELECTRIC SKY, a new documentary about the Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC).
You can access the film’s site HERE to find out how to bring a screening of the picture you your area. Here’s more on the film and its issuance via a press release. I really like the poster seen above...
Insomniac, Focus Features, and Tugg are excited to announce that theatrical showings of the movie Under the Electric Sky will be available starting on May 29th with crowdsourced screenings.
Under the Electric Sky is an immersive 3D documentary that explores the allure of the EDM (electronic dance music) phenomenon as told through the experiences of six different groups among the nearly 350,000 festivalgoers attending the Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) 2013 in Las Vegas. These moving personal stories are set against a soundtrack that includes globally renowned artists such as Afrojack, Above & Beyond, Armin Van Buren, Avicii, Hardwell, and Tiësto. The lights, lazers, art, and confetti from EDC make you feel like you’re a part of the experience.
Beginning today, Under the Electric Sky is being made available through an innovative partnership among Insomniac, Focus Features, and the premier theatrical crowdsourcing company Tugg. This partnership will allow the hardcore fans of EDC and dance music the first opportunity to view the film.
The fan-created event screenings will commence on May 29th and then continue throughout the summer. Here’s how you can request and host screenings locally, becoming Event Promoters in the process:
(1) Fill out the Tugg Event Request Form via www.undertheelectricsky.com and choose a theater, date, and time.
(2) After theater approval, the Promoter’s Event Page can begin reserving tickets.
(3) The Event Promoter and attendees share the event and confirm the screening by selling enough tickets before the deadline.
(4) Enjoy the show!
For a limited period of time, fans-turned-Event Promoters will be entered for a chance to win amazing prizes, including tickets to the Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) 2014 in Las Vegas; helicopter rides to and from the Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) in 2015; and a “Golden Ticket” package of passes to all Insomniac music festivals within the next year. For more information on being a Promoter, and the Official Sweepstakes Rules, visit www.undertheelectricsky.com.
The 3D movie is executive-produced by Pasquale Rotella, CEO, founder and creator of Insomniac. Beginning in 1997 with a few thousand revelers in Los Angeles, the Electric Daisy Carnival has become the largest dance music event in North America. The festival is known for its immersive entertainment featuring state-of-the-art stage production, pyrotechnics, and lighting; roaming theatrical performers and dancers; full-scale carnival rides; and interactive art installations.
“I’m really proud of how Under the Electric Sky turned out because it truly captures the amazing spirit of Electric Daisy Carnival,” said Mr. Rotella. “If you can’t make it to EDC, this will be the next best thing to being there. Anyone who has ever been misunderstood or has looked for a place where they belong should see this movie.”
Mr. Rotella brought the creative team together to make Under the Electric Sky, including producers Haven Entertainment and directors Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz, whose previous credits include such concert documentary hits as Katy Perry: Part of Me and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, which grossed nearly $100 million at the worldwide box office.
Mr. Cutforth and Ms. Lipsitz bring the event to life by going behind the scenes to show what it takes to stage one of the biggest parties in the known universe. They chronicle the unique journeys of individual attendees from different walks of life, all of whom share one common desire – to shed their inhibitions and immerse themselves in this judgment-free celebration of life and music. Renowned artist Kaskade created the musical score to accompany the film, and KCRW music director Jason Bentley acted as the music supervisor for the documentary.
Focus Features’ theatrical release of Under the Electric Sky will commence in June, following the fans’ Tugg bookings, with openings in cities including New York, Los Angeles, Austin, and Las Vegas.
Nicolas Gonda and Pablo Gonzalez, co-founders of Tugg, commented, “We’re proud to partner with Focus Features, Insomniac, and Haven on this groundbreaking campaign, empowering individuals and organizations across the country to host their own screenings of this vibrant and inspirational documentary. EDM fans everywhere have the incredible opportunity to bring the festival experience to their local community – in 3D.”
Insomniac (www.insomniac.com) produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers, and next-generation special effects, these events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the experience is the company’s top priority.
Throughout its 20-year history, Insomniac has produced more than 250 festivals, concerts, and club nights for nearly 4 million attendees in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom.
The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 127 total posts 84 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 79 total posts 73 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 151 total posts 73 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 202 total posts 69 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 80 total posts 36 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 118 total posts 30 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 305 total posts 24 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 349 total posts 16 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 180 total posts 14 posts