Last week’s installment was masterful in its suspense and misdirection:
* Don learned Megan tearfully pled her case in front of Rod Serling.
* Betty seemed to feel pangs of envy as Ann Dudek’s Francine Hanson, the old neighbor we’ve not seen since 2010’s fourth season, revealed her Wanderlust Travel career was going swimmingly.
* Harry cut short a conversation with Jim Cutler, explained that he was lying about computers, and -- I'm pretty sure -- got fired.
* “This is how it ends,” Megan explained to Don.
* “Come in Monday,” Roger instructed Don.
* As Betty decided her son didn’t love her, Lou told Cutler he “might want to call security.”
Tonight’s episode, set in 1969, is titled “The Monolith,” even though Kubrick’s “2001: A Space Odyssey” first hit cinemas April 2, 1968. AMC says:
Sterling Cooper & Partners prepares for a guest; Don contacts an old friend; Roger deals with problems at home; Peggy is underestimated.