Tim Blake Nelson To Get Subterranean For Josh Trank's THE FANTASTIC FOUR!
Though Victor von Doom is set to antagoinze Josh Trank's newly assembled Fantastic Four in the franchise reboot due out June 19, 2015, it appears the filmmakers are already setting up the potential villain for the second film.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tim Blake Nelson is in final talks to play Harvey Elder, the nerdy scientist who winds up becoming The Mole Man, leader of the subterranean creatures known as the Moloids. Elder will not become The Mole Man in the first film, but there's no point in casting a terrific actor like Nelson if you're not going to give him more to do somewhere down the line. Let's just hope Trank and screenwriter Simon Kinberg don't get caught up in the kind of villain overkill that has bogged down far too many superhero movies (like the leaden THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, due out this weekend!).
As previously reported, Toby Kebbell will play Dr. Doom. He will be pitted against Miles Teller as Reed Richards, Kate Mara as Sue Storm, Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 155 total posts 72 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 91 total posts 49 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 91 total posts 30 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 37 total posts 26 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 86 total posts 25 posts