THE CAST OF STAR WARS EPISODE VII HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, it's really happening!
Who do we see in that picture above going through the first table reading of Star Wars Episode VII. There are those we knew, like the original three Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford (not to forget Peter Mayhew) as well as heavily rumored John Boyega (!!!), Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac, but what's awesome are the few awesome curveballs like Andy Serkis and MAX VON SYDOW!
Let me repeat that bit. Max Von Sydow will be in a Star Wars movie. Wisened Jedi? Grumpy hermit? Evil sumbitch? I DON'T KNOW AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY ALREADY!
Starwars.com announced the cast with that photo. Also announced as being in the film are Domhnall Gleeson, Daisy Ridley, Anthony Daniels (naturally) and Kenny Baker (yay, R2!).
Missing from this picture and announcemet is Billy Dee Williams, but I wouldn't rule him out all together. Perhaps they're saving him for a sequel. Can't throw all the surprises in the first of three new flicks, right?
JJ had this to say:
"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
The press release also confirms they are on track for a December 18, 2015 release. Start lining up now, fanboys. See you there!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 290 total posts 290 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 361 total posts 134 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 118 total posts 118 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 290 total posts 106 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 123 total posts 70 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 50 total posts 50 posts